Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S5 screen turn on, touch does not respond, phone turns on?

vinnybuffalo

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
samsung galaxy s5, screen wont turn on, touch does not respond, phone turns on

i had my gs5 out with me tonight and the battery suddenly died on me. for some reason when i got home and plugged the phone in it will turn on but im not getting any power to the screen? while it was dead it was sitting in my back pocket while i sat on a wooden chair is it possible that the lcd is no longer good?

also i just had the lcd replaced by someone trustworthy but is it possible a connection they had made came loose while it was in my pocket?

help if anything i do not want to have to buy ANOTHER new lcd

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5, screen wont turn on, touch does not respond, phone turns on

It could be you broke the screen, it could be a loose connection or a bad screen (there's even a term for an electronic part going bad soon after it's put into use - infant mortality). It could also be that the battery isn't charged yet. Charging isn't a linear function where in 1/10th the charging time you get 1/10 the charge. If the battery is really as dead as you can get it (a percent or less), the first couple of hours isn't going to put any charge into it at all. Leave it on the charger at least overnight, preferably for 24 hours. Don't keep "peeking" - leave it alone for that time.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s5, screen wont turn on, touch does not respond, phone turns on

First piece of advice, never place a phone in your back pocket. That is a guaranteed way to break them.

i always carry mine in my shirt pocket, yes all my shirts have pockets, even my teeshirts.

Rukbat gave you good advice on the battery, and most likely the screen.

If you aren't using a case on your phone, you need to get one.