Widget Email Question

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd check here in this forum since I know there are some ex-iPhone users in here.

I'm trying to find a widget that will show unread emails in my Gmail account and Touchdown work email account. Touchdown has a widget but it's ugly, to be honest.

I know there's the pull down notification but that could get cleared without actually opening the email. I do miss the iOS badge notifications that do not clear until you open the message.

I found this Gmail widget and like the design of it alot. But, it doesn't seem to update real-time which is kind of a bummer. And, it's just for Gmail.

Any ideas? Thanks all!

aashafie

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well i find the best unified widget, is the default widget. It handles exchange, gmail and other imap account exceptionally well.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. That is a nice widget. I was really just looking for a widget that shows the unread message count though...not a preview of the message. And, I'm pretty sure the default widget doesn't pull from Touchdown.

Appreciate the reply though!

aashafie

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
you can configure the default email app to poll from your exchange mailbox, similar to what touchdown does.

I have similar configuration where my personal email go to gmail and my work email at exchange. For my tablet I use touchdown and gmail configuration; but on the phone the unified inbox of email app can handle all the emails, calendar, contacts from multiple location just fine.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I know I can do that but my work email requires a PIN. So, that would lock down my device. Touchdown just locks down the app.

Also, like I said above, the default widget is nice, but I don't want a widget that shows an email preview, just a message count.

I do appreciate the suggestions though!

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for the same. K-9 has something but don't want another email program just one that indicates the number.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums