Wifi always on?

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have my wifi set to off when phone is asleep unless it's charging, yet when I go to view the battery graph it show wifi as always on.
I'm I not understanding the graph? I did a test the other day when I manually turn wifi off, sure enough over 8 hrs I noticed wifi using less battery and it was shown as off on the battery graph.

Has anyone else notice this?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have my wifi set to off when phone is asleep unless it's charging, yet when I go to view the battery graph it show wifi as always on.
I'm I not understanding the graph? I did a test the other day when I manually turn wifi off, sure enough over 8 hrs I noticed wifi using less battery and it was shown as off on the battery graph.

Has anyone else notice this?

Yeah. Go to your wifi, and hit the menu button, and go to Advanced Settings. There's an option in there checked that says Always Scanning or something like that. You'll want to turn that one off, that will fully disable it.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have Always Scanning off. I don't think the setting for 'Off when phone sleep' actually work. Probably why the turbo has a higher stand by drain than other phones.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you have an antivirus or similar app check in the anti - theft settings. Other people reported that as the culprit for a similar problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What is accomplished by having Always Scanning turned off? I suppose that it consumes more battery Always Scanning?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC