will getting a bluetooh solve the mic that keeps getting cut off?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: will getting a bluetooh solve the mic that keeps getting cut

I'll take a wild guess and say yes it will help.
I say that because so many people have this mic cutout issue that I didn't know existed because I always use a BT headset.

I don't understand why anyone would want to hold a large, hot, smartphone to their ear anyway.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
What's awesome is that verizon claims to know nothing of this issue. Yet I'm on my 3rd phone.

On topic: yes a Bluetooth or headphones will bypass the problem.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will help because the mic cut out is with the phone itself

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

I would love to have someone confirm this. I always thought the mic was fine, but the phone would not transmit my side of the conversation.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged a few devices because of this as well. Verizon told me that it would be resolved with 4.0.4 that was to be released "next week". This was said over six weeks ago and has yet to be resolved.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I exchanged a few devices because of this as well. Verizon told me that it would be resolved with 4.0.4 that was to be released "next week". This was said over six weeks ago and has yet to be resolved.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

So did you eventually get a device that works, or do you still have the issue? I don't want to keep swapping devices hoping for a "good" one because I'm tired of having to set my phone up every time I swap he way I like it.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So did you eventually get a device that works, or do you still have the issue? I don't want to keep swapping devices hoping for a "good" one because I'm tired of having to set my phone up every time I swap he way I like it.

I still have this problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I hooked it up a jambox speaker box which is bluetooth. It still happened.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm on my second Gnex and the mic problem has not been an issue. I spent two hours on my phone yesterday and had no issues with the mic. There are some batches that are better than others. I'd try a warranty replacement. It resolved the mic issues and the data radios don't fall asleep on me anymore. The phone still does the occasional reboot and the screen had some blocking and burnt images but I'm holding on to this one until the fabled update rolls out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete