Will the Honor 8 receive emui 8?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
They are testing it in house, I saw a comment from honor on one of their 7x instagram posts and they replied that they are testing all features to make sure it's all good before announcing for honor 8. Honor 9 beta will be coming soon, so it is probably going to be end of January again.

Oh nice ! They just did a P10/Plus beta earlier in the month from what I saw online. Hopefully the Honor line up are next

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Honor 9 will come first, then older models, the same way we got it first on honor 8 last year before the older and lower range phones.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Most likely gonna see the official Oreo update around Feb / March like we saw the Nougat update around that time earlier this year

I'd probably agree with that. The Honor 8 is almost an older device for them at this point, but still within their window for promised software updates. So, I'm thinking it will likely be a lower priority for them. Still very impressive device today - even with Nougat.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably agree with that. The Honor 8 is almost an older device for them at this point, but still within their window for promised software updates. So, I'm thinking it will likely be a lower priority for them. Still very impressive device today - even with Nougat.

I was just thinking about how the Honor 8 is sort of an "older" Honor device at this point; which is crazy because it's not even a year and a half old, I believe. There's the Honor 8 Pro, then the Honor 9, and now the Honor V10. Man, one thing you can say about Honor: they really know how to pump out the phones!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It definitely still is very impressive. I still like mine and don't have the heart to get rid of it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking about how the Honor 8 is sort of an "older" Honor device at this point; which is crazy because it's not even a year and a half old, I believe. There's the Honor 8 Pro, then the Honor 9, and now the Honor V10. Man, one thing you can say about Honor: they really know how to pump out the phones!

You forgot the p line, 7x line, and mate line!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajokay