Wiping phone for resale

lvi

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I recently upgraded my second Android phone, the Razr Maxx after owning my Droid X for about a year and a half.

I want to sell the Droid X on eBay because it's still worth $40-$60. I took out the SD card (I'll spend a few dollars to get a new one to package with the phone) and did a factory reset of the phone.

Problem is, I'm fairly paranoid and privacy minded. I've used the phone for company email, and used banking & financial apps, etc.

I want to fill up the phone's internal memory to write over deleted data and do another factory reset. However, I'm not sure if it's a Verizon thing because the phone is now deactivated and not associated with my account, but I can't use the wifi on the phone anymore to download useless data.

What is a way to fill up the phone before doing another factory reset? I do not own a PC, only a Macbook Air, and when connecting the phone to my computer as USB Mass Storage I only get a CD icon, and I can't drag and drop files into the phone. I'm thinking maybe I could possibly transfer files from my computer onto an SD card, and then move from the SD card to the phone - but how?

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated, thank you.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It's really odd that you can't access WiFi. This feature is not carrier service dependent - at least not on all the phones I've owned.

You sure you can't get on WiFi? I'd recommended downloading ES file explorer, then you can access apps on local storage (microSD). That to me would be the easiest way to do it. Of course, I'm not a dev, so I don't know so much about Android file systems.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24