With rumored S-Pen support on the S21U, is this the last Note model??

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: If the Note Ultra is the last where will you go next?

Well the next Fold is supposed to have an S-Pen... Can't see myself getting that though, haven't the type of money andI can't see myself being able to afford to spend 12-1300 on a phone again until 2022 anyway, but with software updates etc. This Note 20 Ultra will do me just fine for another two years.

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site

Well hopefully I won't need to look elsewhere for a few years as I keep my phones for a while. I may just have the battery replaced on this device.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung is discontinuing the Note 😭

It could just be hearsay but if they make an S21 with an S Pen...that would satisfy most. Not all...but most.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

It's a rumor that has existed since 2015, It's listed as a rumor in your link, and it has no mention of where this information comes from. They could have seen us talking about the rumor here on Android Central and made an article to generate clicks.

Best part is, they prove they don't know what they are talking about near the end of the article.

"It’s a shame to hear about the discontinuation of the Galaxy Note series. Still, considering the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra's abysmal sales, Samsung most likely evaluated its current position and would make a decision accordingly."

Note 20 Ultra seems to be selling well according to other sources.

Attachments

• 1081.jpg
    1081.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 17

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

It's a rumor that has existed since 2015, It's listed as a rumor in your link, and it has no mention of where this information comes from. They could have seen us talking about the rumor here on Android Central and made an article to generate clicks.

Best part is, they prove they don't know what they are talking about near the end of the article.

"It’s a shame to hear about the discontinuation of the Galaxy Note series. Still, considering the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra's abysmal sales, Samsung most likely evaluated its current position and would make a decision accordingly."

Note 20 Ultra seems to be selling well according to other sources.
Note 9 was my favorite Note , Note 10+ was great , but Note 20U my new favorite , if you could definitely go for it .

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Glad I got a note 20 ultra universal unlocked.

I will be sitting here till August of next year to see the note 21.

Samsung puts out more phones than anyone I know.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

I think I will probably see out 2 years or more with this Note but that depends on the Z Fold 3 pricing and spec, if it does come with the Pen and they bring the price down then maybe, but I'm enjoying this phone right now, really taking some geat pics, love this camera!

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

They are not discontinuing the Note. 📝 If anything, it is probably just the name they might be discontinuing. The S-Pen will live on in one of the S variants or continue as is in the Note series.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Well I hope it's just mediatic nonsense, i happen to love my Note 20 Ultra and I'm hoping to stick with the Note line for a while. With my Tab S75G it's a really cool setup.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I just can't understand why? think I said this in another post they are two months of the S21 release, then if rumours are correct the only flagship Samsung will release in the Summer will be a Fold 3 (with a s pen), my point being if they are dropping the note for poor sales they won't get them back on a £2k Fold 3?

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I just can't understand why? think I said this in another post they are two months of the S21 release, then if rumours are correct the only flagship Samsung will release in the Summer will be a Fold 3 (with a s pen), my point being if they are dropping the note for poor sales they won't get them back on a £2k Fold 3?
Yeah that makes no sense at all. The Fold is a completely different segment phone at a different price point. Slapping an S-pen in it is not going to make me force myself to afford it. I rather replace my N10+ with the N20U and hold on to it for a few years. Who knows, maybe the Note will be resurrected after the hiatus.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

imo, the poor sales is the result of high prices. they basically priced themselves out of the market. They could lower the price a couple hundred and still make a nice profit. I still have the note 10+ and my next upgrade will be the next release. In spite of the rumors, until Samsung makes an official announcement, I still plan on getthing the next note,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit007