Words with friends news?

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
After being addicted to word fued I'll give you my quick review of WWF.

It still needs some work because it's still basically in Beta. Issues will get resolved. I haven't had a single force close on my optimus.

Pros:
*Cross platform. The best feature of all!
*Good interface, pleasant to look at.
*Shake to shuffle (would be nice if we could disable it if we wanted to)

Cons:
*I get notifications on my task bar but no vibrate or ringtone.
*Sound needs to be adjustable independant of system volume
*Need a paid version to get rid fo ads. (Soon from what I hear)
*Need to get rid of the "confirm play" prompt. It's unecessary.
*No statistics (wordfued didn't either).

All in all it's solid and allows me to play my iPhone friends which is huge. It will get better as time goes on. Right now Wordfued is tighter and more refined. Wordfued would be smart to develop an iOS version soon as to not let all the android users convert to WWF. Overall I'm happy with it so far. I have more friends that are iPhone users than Android so for my I'll convert to WWF. Even if it still needs a bit of work.

iamjose

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
@WordsWFriends would like a better friends list instead of entire phonebook, a shuffle button instead of shake, ringtone & stats vs friends

bbernardini

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big Wordfeud fan, so I'm wondering what others who have tried both Wordfeud and WWF think. Mind you, I don't think I actually know any iPhone owners who play WWF, so the cross-platform thing doesn't mean much to me.

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big Wordfeud fan, so I'm wondering what others who have tried both Wordfeud and WWF think. Mind you, I don't think I actually know any iPhone owners who play WWF, so the cross-platform thing doesn't mean much to me.

For what it's worth Wordfueds blog shows pictures of the upcoming wordfued for iPhone. Apparently coming out soon.

I don't know that one is much better than the other. WWF has already stated they are working to fix the sound and notifications so if thats the case they will be dead even in my mind. WWF scrolls smoother in my opinion but I kind of like Wordfueds darker theme. Wordfued is a smaller download for what it's worth.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, so far I like Word Feud. I don't know if it is all the bugs right now with WWF or just the fact that I've gotten used to WF, but I like WF better. Sure, WWF is pretty, but pretty only lasts so long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej