Would you buy a T-bolt today?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont carry it, but have to deal with my daughters all the time. I would say no way, and she would as well. I am very happy with the Charge and it's plastic feel (very solid phone). I think the Bionic is gonna be overhyped by the time it gets here (especially with the Prime around the corner)

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think its still the best phone on VZW right now. The charge is nice but Samsung cant touch the quality of HTC imo. Until the bionic hits stores this is the phone to beat on VZW

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a droid X and am looking to upgrade to a 4g phone. I'm wondering if the T-bolt would be a good choice or not. I'm looking at the charge to, but want some honest opinons on this phone.

My big question is, have the major bugs been fixed? Would you recommend the phone at this point?(no CM7 mods please. I'd like the GPS to work)

And yes I know the bionic and whatever the g2 is going to be are around the corner. I'm staying away from being a beta tester, again.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
:cool:
What are these "GPS issues" you speak of? CM7-RC1.7 fixed that. And if the TBolt were released today, I would stil buy it. There's just something about the way HTC builds their phones that I love. So solid, so strong, yet still so sleek.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I would try it, but i am finding them all over for between $250-$350 on the secondary market, so i dont know if id blow my upgrade or use my first line activation on one.. Not with the devices heading down the pike soon..

judpma012

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
with any new product you have to give the developer time to correct the bugs....TBolt is a very good phone and should get better,,,,Buy again.....you bet!

blz2

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is big, thick, heavy and ugly. Verizon had no problem sending my girlfriend an Incredible2 that she requested after 5 replacement phones in 4 months, and calling for her 6th. That phone was nothing but problems. We don't have 4G, so that was no issue. The Incredible2 is far better than the Thunderbolt and I guarantee the Bionic is also better.

jordanmarx

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is big, thick, heavy and ugly. Verizon had no problem sending my girlfriend an Incredible2 that she requested after 5 replacement phones in 4 months, and calling for her 6th. That phone was nothing but problems. We don't have 4G, so that was no issue. The Incredible2 is far better than the Thunderbolt and I guarantee the Bionic is also better.
The Tbolt has the best manufacturer's warranty out there hands down :)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Bionic is absolutely the most overrated phone ever released. Biggest selling points are it has dual core and 4g... big deal X2 has dual core, and its performance is sub-par the tbolt.

Tbolt is the best. Only other thing I would consider is the charge for the screen but then I remember the Tbolt has more RAM>

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Funny.... as far as looks, the Thunderbolt and Incredible2 are very similar. Both have almost the same size (Thunderbolt - 4.75H x 2.44W x 0.56D Incredible2 - 4.75H x 2.52W x 0.48D) and look very similar from the front (although I really like the capacitive button look of the Thunderbolt more). Thunderbolt weighs a little more (6.23 oz to Incredible2's 4.77 oz), which is probably due to the LTE radio, kickstand and larger display (4.3 to Incredible's 4). :) Incredible2 looks like a decent phone! But, I'd rather have the LTE radio (the speed rocks!), the larger display, and above all, the kickstand! :p I know it's very subjective, but one thing I can't get past is how ugly the back of the Incredible2 looks. Anyway, to each his own.

tim242

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No way. I really don't like the phone. The plastic body, bad battery, can't hold 4G signal. Really can't wait to get off it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mine holds 4G just fine. The phone is an aluminum unibody. The only plastic is the battery door. Get your facts str8.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't Touch the T'bolt today if I had to buy it. WHEN it works, it's great BUT the battery life that lasts all of about an hour if you use it before you need to recharge it would be the killer for me. I bought my wife a Droid 3 and she goes over 2 days before needing a charge. I get charged up and just using it sparingly with everything off (4G/syncing/GPS/Bluetooth/etc...) I have to charge it before I go to lunch. Heaven help me if I have to use one of those services. I don't have 4G in my area but when I have traveled in 4G areas and tried to use it, that hour goes to about 20 minutes. Early reports on the Bionic say that even using 4G, it's having over a day of use before charging. It's every bit as fast as the T'bolt with a higher res screen, dual core processor and a larger internal storage. If I can convince them, I plan on getting them to swap my T'bolt for a Bionic or a D3.

So, in short, if you don't mind using your phone on the charger all the time or getting a massive battery and deforming your phone to be able to use it for a moderately reasonable amount of time, then it's a great phone. If you want a phone that lasts the way a $250 phone should, I would look elsewhere.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't Touch the T'bolt today if I had to buy it. WHEN it works, it's great BUT the battery life that lasts all of about an hour if you use it before you need to recharge it would be the killer for me. I bought my wife a Droid 3 and she goes over 2 days before needing a charge. I get charged up and just using it sparingly with everything off (4G/syncing/GPS/Bluetooth/etc...) I have to charge it before I go to lunch. Heaven help me if I have to use one of those services. I don't have 4G in my area but when I have traveled in 4G areas and tried to use it, that hour goes to about 20 minutes. Early reports on the Bionic say that even using 4G, it's having over a day of use before charging. It's every bit as fast as the T'bolt with a higher res screen, dual core processor and a larger internal storage. If I can convince them, I plan on getting them to swap my T'bolt for a Bionic or a D3.

So, in short, if you don't mind using your phone on the charger all the time or getting a massive battery and deforming your phone to be able to use it for a moderately reasonable amount of time, then it's a great phone. If you want a phone that lasts the way a $250 phone should, I would look elsewhere.

Idk what is wrong with your phone but I get full days charge out of my bolt in a 4g area, disabling blockbuster background dls made a huge difference

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the Tbolt because I wanted an LTE phone and had an upgrade on one of my secondary lines. I am not a fan of Sense, but that aside it is a good phone. I love my DX and have used the D2 as well. If the Bionic was out when a few months ago I would have went with that hands down. I like what Moto has done with the new "blur" on GB and would have little issue rocking Moto GB stock. With the Bionic a week away, I would wait till at least then and get some hands on time with all phones you are concidering and go from there. I would make sure you like the phone in the stock state so you are not dependent on the Devs to make you happy. They do great work, but I am still having a hard time finding a ROM that I love on the Tbolt since I don't like Sense. I will likely be waiting for whatever ends up coming out with the Prime before I decide on the getting the Bionic. I all comes down to personal preference and if your willing to wait for the next great phone.

tim242

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Big, thick, and heavy? The Thunderbolt and Incredible 2 are virtually the same thickness, one .48, the other .52...both half an inch. The inc 2 is as long, and only .1 of an inch more narrow. It is one oz heavier...but you gain an Lte radio and simultaneous voice/data on 3G as well (eHPRD)

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Had a Thunderbolt already it had extremely unacceptable battery life. I will be picking up a Motorola Droid Bionic Sept 8th!! It will be far better battery life than the thunderbolt. My Droid X that i picked up off contract on ebay after returning the thunderbolt is any indication I will still be able to get through a full day with the Droid Bionic as i have been able to with the Droid X. On the thunderbolt i had I only got 4 hours of medium usage on 4g before the thunderbolt was telling me to plug it in. According to leaks from testers of the Bionic the battery lasts with everything on for 12-15hours which is lightyears better than the thunderbolt. That its my opinion on the thunderbolt from my 14 day experience with one take it or leave it.

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I've had is the location services for weather and anything not gps telling me I'm on the other side of the state.
I tried to talk my buddy into the charge because he needed good battery life but after much research and testing he decided on the thunderbolt with extended battery. And with the extended battery I get a fill day of heavy 4G use. Definitely thunderbolt all the way.

SteveB2

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
What are these "GPS issues" you speak of? CM7-RC1.7 fixed that. And if the TBolt were released today, I would stil buy it. There's just something about the way HTC builds their phones that I love. So solid, so strong, yet still so sleek.
I checked before asking and the first thing listed was, gps not functioning. I guess I was wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson