You know what really grinds my gears?

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
To tell the truth the real reason I want 4G is so that I can tether my xbox when my home wifi is being bombarded due to the fact that my roommate and his girlfriend are running like 50 devices on it.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I searched all over and I'm afraid no such form exists.

Did however find some interesting info on the wimax2 that was mentioned earlier and while I liked what I read it does seem as if this tech is at least another year or two away and even then who knows when we'll be getting it in my neck of the woods seeing as how it doesn't even seem like we'll be getting wimax any time soon. It seems to me that if lte does as well as it looks like it will I'm afraid wimax still may not make it. Unless sprint and clear get on the ball and start getting this tech out of the lab into the hands of the consumer. There is no reason why it can't be done. Verizon has said they plan to have all their 3G networks covered by lte within the next few years and already have a rather healthy portion of their network covered in comparison to others.

It's the opposite here. We've had WiMax for a year and Verizon isn't getting LTE here until 2014 according to them.

atom ant22

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by acstewart82
Yeah I searched all over and I'm afraid no such form exists.

Did however find some interesting info on the wimax2 that was mentioned earlier and while I liked what I read it does seem as if this tech is at least another year or two away and even then who knows when we'll be getting it in my neck of the woods seeing as how it doesn't even seem like we'll be getting wimax any time soon. It seems to me that if lte does as well as it looks like it will I'm afraid wimax still may not make it. Unless sprint and clear get on the ball and start getting this tech out of the lab into the hands of the consumer. There is no reason why it can't be done. Verizon has said they plan to have all their 3G networks covered by lte within the next few years and already have a rather healthy portion of their network covered in comparison to others.

It's the opposite here. We've had WiMax for a year and Verizon isn't getting LTE here until 2014 according to them.

I chatted online and she got me like to a form to fill to get credit for 4g not working in the area. This is MY EXPERIENCE , of course you cant search and find it if it was that easy everyone would apple for it,

I will have to look thru my emails for the chat transcript and will post it. It was worth a shot for him to at least try to get some money back. dont knock it

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Wimax working at airport in Wilmington, NC. I can't believe it. Went to get my replacement Evo and found out that sprint is getting ready to roll out wimax here. Already working at the airport just down the road. Unfortunately I'm just outside the range of that tower. Either way im stoked as wimax is indeed on the way. Woot Woot!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is definitely flipped out about perceptions. I lost 4G one day so I called Sprint to let them know something was up with a tower or something. I got no fewer than 5 phone calls throughout the day asking if it was working, and if I still had 3G. (I get 1.5-2.0Mbps on 3G so I'm quite happy with 3G here too) I assured them I wasn't upset and was merely reporting an outage. Then they started calling with a survey...I will not report an outage the next time. Someone else can. they did have 4G up and running again about 2 hours after I called.
My first few contacts with Sprint when I got my Pre were good, but after 9 months (starting Feb. 2010) every single contact with support has been a time-wasting ordeal that makes me wonder if Sprint really is on the case.

The latest was a few weeks ago when Amazon MP3 Player started giving the error about needing the patch. I call them up and get a girl in Oregon who wants to walk me thru other stuff first. Because my work area is a cruddy reception area, nothing was coming down and I had to schedule a callback when I was home and on wifi. I set the call for 7:30 pm. She pointedly asked that when Sprint called me for follow-up in a couple of days, to please say she helped me. Um, alright, I guess.

Well, I got stuck at work, hit bad traffic on the commute, and thus had to cut short my visit with my mother at the nursing home in order to rush home for the appointed time and you know what didn't happen, right? Yep, she NEVER called and Sprint NEVER called to survey my dissatisfaction. I was so PO'ed, I rooted and put CM7 on my phone to see if that'd help. It did a bit, but battery life was terrible and the PRL change forced me back to stock so I'd get just the sketchy service in metro Detroit.

If Verizon was $10 or less more than what I'm paying, I'd probably walk. Unfortunately, Big Red is as much a gouge as AT&T, though at least their network works and has 4G. Sprint is their own worst enemy.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Dirk, give them a horrible review when you get the call to do the survey. I am in the same boat and getting soo pissed its not even funny. Once I did that I got people calling me back now left and right. Even spoke to engineers the other day to troubleshoot and got a $120 credit on this months bill.
I told them i will call every month and demand a credit if this keep going on with the ****ty 3G service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000