Z Fold 3 integrated s pen

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm not surprised at all.. I would not expect it on this one... I just think they have a few more things they want to address as the Fold evolves...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not surprised at all.. I would not expect it on this one... I just think they have a few more things they want to address as the Fold evolves...
Well the only thing that will get me to the fold 3 without the Spen embedded is the front camera under the screen, no hole punch. Otherwise the fold 2 is doing just fine.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Well the only thing that will get me to the fold 3 without the Spen embedded is the front camera under the screen, no hole punch. Otherwise the fold 2 is doing just fine.

I’m waiting on how that under screen camera performs ..It’s just too new and judging from other phone I saw with one I thinks it’s going to need improvements but who knows how Samsung will develop it ...also seeing that the screen might shrink a little on the new model as they are trying to zero in on the perfect overall outside and inside space ..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I’m waiting on how that under screen camera performs ..It’s just too new and judging from other phone I saw with one I thinks it’s going to need improvements but who knows how Samsung will develop it ...also seeing that the screen might shrink a little on the new model as they are trying to zero in on the perfect overall outside and inside space ..
Since it's the front camera I personally don't feel it's performance is that critical. As long as it's decent, it should be fine for most people.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The fold is going be awesome in next couple more years,but I feel it's in different bracket from phones. I still want the thickness to go down if they can do it .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The performance doesn't matter to me, I don't use the front camera anyway, so out of sight, out of mind is great.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I hear what ya guys saying but think of it ..complaints now they didn’t go with the better camera as the Note and S new phones ..so now you want to try under screen camera which is not going to be as good yet ...makes no sense with me ...get the water rating and better screen down ..add the inside pen and under cameras next ..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I hear what ya guys saying but think of it ..complaints now they didn’t go with the better camera as the Note and S new phones ..so now you want to try under screen camera which is not going to be as good yet ...makes no sense with me ...get the water rating and better screen down ..add the inside pen and under cameras next ..
I thought the complaints were for the rear camera setup not being as good.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I thought the complaints were for the rear camera setup not being as good.
I have no complaints myself but I'm always hearing the comments from others..
I spent some time with it in best buy , I do really like it when it's open , but not when it's closed, I think there room for improvement while closed
Closed is best for me on the go text and quick tasks..screen ratio makes it easier to do these things. . I mostly use it fully open though . I hardly ever fold indoors

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have no complaints myself but I'm always hearing the comments from others.. Closed is best for me on the go text and quick tasks..screen ratio makes it easier to do these things. . I mostly use it fully open though . I hardly ever fold indoors
You're hearing complaints on the selfie camera?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have no complaints myself but I'm always hearing the comments from others.. Closed is best for me on the go text and quick tasks..screen ratio makes it easier to do these things. . I mostly use it fully open though . I hardly ever fold indoors
I really like it fully open , I've head that with the aspect ratio some apps don't play good when open , what's your take on that ? Couldn't really test that .

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
You're hearing complaints on the selfie camera?

Ive seen some floating around though not as much as the regular one..also the screen quality might suffer from an inside under camera ..so I think that is going to be considered as well ...I feel let’s get the screen improved first ...I have no complaints with my usage Bc I have no protector on screens and they are like all others phones I’ve used ..maybe one micro scratch which I get on all phones ...

I really like it fully open , I've head that with the aspect ratio some apps don't play good when open , what's your take on that ? Couldn't really test that .

There are definitely some apps that need updates which seems like not happening anytime soon ...YouTube at least now you can zoom whole screen which at beginning was not doing so ..when I get a video shot same aspect as Fold what a pleasure no crops ..Instagram I think is worst since they don’t update or let you use landscape..even with Good Lock setting helps the full screen usage but stories get some wording cropped out ..multi tasking I feel brings it all together though for me ...screen real estate running maps and others stuff is a big win

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ive seen some floating around though not as much as the regular one..also the screen quality might suffer from an inside under camera ..so I think that is going to be considered as well ...I feel let’s get the screen improved first ...I have no complaints with my usage Bc I have no protector on screens and they are like all others phones I’ve used ..maybe one micro scratch which I get on all phones ...

There are definitely some apps that need updates which seems like not happening anytime soon ...YouTube at least now you can zoom whole screen which at beginning was not doing so ..when I get a video shot same aspect as Fold what a pleasure no crops ..Instagram I think is worst since they don’t update or let you use landscape..even with Good Lock setting helps the full screen usage but stories get some wording cropped out ..multi tasking I feel brings it all together though for me ...screen real estate running maps and others stuff is a big win
Thanks for your input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar