Zagg NEW Curve Elite Protector

newage120

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of it, its case friendly so it does not go to the edges of the screen and it has a thick black glue border around it effectively making the edge screen non existant.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of it, its case friendly so it does not go to the edges of the screen and it has a thick black glue border around it effectively making the edge screen non existant.

I see no thick black glue border anywhere. The only black on this Zagg is at the top and bottom where the screen itself has a black bezel. The edges are completely visible, although a portion of the edges are uncovered to allow for cases that might otherwise be unfriendly to the protector. Still, the most vulnerable leading curve of the edge is covered by the protector.

truefan03

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
I would doubt that you have the new Zagg Curve Elite. They only started shipping these on Jan 17th. Verizon doesn't have them yet. So check to see which one you had installed. Check with T mobile, if you didn't save the box. In any case, register your protector on the Zagg website. Then, you can call Zagg and explain that you are having a sensitivity problem with your protector. They will send you the Curve Elite and probably not even charge you for shipping, since your protector is brand new.

BTW, beware that the reviews on this new model, will for a while, be mixed in with reviews for the old model. Even on the Zagg website, there are some bad reviews for the Curve Elite that were dated before they began shipping any Curve Elites.

Appreciate the feedback. I checked and mine isn't the elite. I just registered my protector so I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I watched the guy at Verizon install mine. He secured the center of the screen and worked most of the bubbles towards the top and bottom of the screen, before working on the edges.

Well, I can't any longer unreservedly recommend the Elite Curve. Mine was installed 5 days ago. It seemed perfect until this morning, when I noticed bubbles had developed under the top of the protector, towards the upper left corner. I worked most of them out except at the corner. I even tried to warm that area with a hair dryer, but no luck with that.
So what caused this. Perhaps any of 4 possibilities:
1. The guy at Verizon at one point in the installation, needed to lift and reposition the protector that he had not at first positioned correctly. Maybe that weakened the adhesive.
2. I use a holster which is quite snug, especially at the top corners of the phone where the phone fits into the holster. I doubt this was the cause, because I had no issues for 5 days.
3. I fast charged my phone from 6 percent to full charge last night. Did the heat loosen the adhesive? It shouldn't have.
4. My protector was defective from the start. Hopefully, it just isn't a poor design.

I called Zagg and they are sending me another one free of charge. I asked the customer service representative if he had similar complaints. He said that they haven't, but he had a couple complain that protector popped off. Perhaps, like mine, they weren't installed correctly with the first attempt. Hopefully, I will have better luck with the replacement they are sending out today.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can't any longer unreservedly recommend the Elite Curve. Mine was installed 5 days ago. It seemed perfect until this morning, when I noticed bubbles had developed under the top of the protector, towards the upper left corner. I worked most of them out except at the corner. I even tried to warm that area with a hair dryer, but no luck with that.
1. The guy at Verizon at one point in the installation, needed to lift and reposition the protector that he had not at first positioned correctly. Maybe that weakened the adhesive.
2. I use a holster which is quite snug, especially at the top corners of the phone where the phone fits into the holster. I doubt this was the cause, because I had no issues for 5 days.
3. I fast charged my phone from 6 percent to full charge last night. Did the heat loosen the adhesive? It shouldn't have.
4. My protector was defective from the start. Hopefully, it just isn't a poor design.

I called Zagg and they are sending me another one free of charge. I asked the customer service representative if he had similar complaints. He said that they haven't, but he had a couple complain that protector popped off. Perhaps, like mine, they weren't installed correctly with the first attempt. Hopefully, I will have better luck with the replacement they are sending out today.

Let us know how this turns out.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Let us know how this turns out.

I will report back with the replacement Elite after I have given it time to prove itself.

I am a bit bummed out by this, mostly because I had no issues with the original edge only Zagg. I only upgraded because the Elite Curve promised better protection than the old one. I didn't have sensitivity issues with the old Zagg either.

I personally think every protector made requires a perfect installation for it to work perfectly. That's why there are lovers and haters of every protector out there. The haters are probably those who didn't install theirs as well as they thought. It's too bad that they are so unforgiving especially when they seem so simple to install.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Does Zagg have these in stock? I'm still waiting on mine ordered January 11, and they told me yesterday that the next shipment isn't due until next week!

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Does Zagg have these in stock? I'm still waiting on mine ordered January 11, and they told me yesterday that the next shipment isn't due until next week!

I'm guessing that they do. I'm surprised you haven't gotten yours already. I ordered mine on Jan 10th and got it a week ago.

newage120

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
This is a picture of the issue I have with the screen protector, I have no issues with touch response it's better then the glass curve but this black border bugs me

Attachments

• 20180209_004931.jpg
    20180209_004931.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 67

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
This is a picture of the issue I have with the screen protector, I have no issues with touch response it's better then the glass curve but this black border bugs me

That's strange, because I don't see it on mine. There are a couple of YouTube reviews that clearly show no black border.
In fact, I purposefully lifted the edge on mine to eliminate some bubbles that got under the protector. There is no black edge.
What you may be seeing is a shadow where the edge of the protector meets the exposed screen.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Well, I think I have figured out what caused the bubbles to develop under my Curve Elite

It WAS the holster.

I just noticed, last night, that the back side of the holster that faces the screen is cracked and separated near where the top of the phone fits into it. I remember, now, that a couple of days ago that the holster with phone had dropped off my belt onto the pavement. I checked the screen then and it looked OK, but I never really looked closely at the holster until last night.

So once I saw this, I figured since Zagg is sending me another Elite Curve, why not try to lift the protector off at the corner near the bubbles to see if I could get rid of them. If I made it worse, I would soon be getting a replacement, anyway. Luckily, my effort was successful. When I layed the protector back down I worked the air out towards the corner until it looked perfect, again. Moreover, I fast charged my phone last night, and it still looks fine today. Obviously, I'm not going to put the phone back into the broken holster until I get a new one.

Bottom line is that the Zagg Elite was not at fault. My broken holster unevenly pushing against the screen protector apparently lifted it enough to get bubbles. Moreover, it appears that the protector will tolerate your purposely lifting it off, should you need to reposition it or remove bubbles.

Sorry, Zagg, if I may have maligned your product in any way. It wasn't your fault. It was mine.

Last edited:

newage120

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
That's strange, because I don't see it on mine. There are a couple of YouTube reviews that clearly show no black border.
In fact, I purposefully lifted the edge on mine to eliminate some bubbles that got under the protector. There is no black edge.
What you may be seeing is a shadow where the edge of the protector meets the exposed screen.

Its far to big for a shadow its almost a 1/8" on the edge on both sides, did you receive yours in January or February? I ordered mine the first day they were avaliable and i got one from the second shipment, im wondering if they changed somthing because everything ive seen has the black borders on it

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I got mine the first week in February. Check this YouTube review out. When the guy installs the protector, you can clearly see the sides have no black edge on them.
https://youtu.be/O_Cz-tUKdXE

If yours looks different, call Zagg and complain.

I just looked carefully at mine again. Perhaps I see what you are talking about. What you are looking at, I think, is the very edge of the glass. It is by no means 1/8th of an inch. It is just the thickness of the tempered glass itself. Because the curve doesn't come down over the entire sides of the screen, but rather lays closer to horizontal, you can see the glass edge of the protector. (And the edge of any glass isn't clear. Some window glass, for example, is green on the edges.)
The protector edges are not colored black. It just looks that way, because light doesn't pass though the very edge of any glass. If the protector curved further downward towards the back of the phone, you wouldn't be seeing the edge of the protector. I am guessing that Zagg didn't curve it downward more, in order to insure better case compatibility. It may also allow the protector to adhere better, too.

Last edited:

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine on 1/10 and still do not have. Have order confirmation on 1/10 with a ship date estimate of 1/17. What the heck Zagg?

It turns out that Zagg is NOT sending me an Elite Curve. They are shipping the old Curve. They won't be able to send me the Elite curve until February 20th, when they expect to have them again.

Last edited:

blemoon42

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a replacement curve elite coming it was shipped out january 18th it is lost in the mail, so I called zagg and they are sending me the original curve until they get more of the elites in stock.

they are shipping it 2 day air and If the other one eventually shows up I get to keep that one as well and they said I don't have to send my old one back.
Wonderful customer service. 😊

truefan03

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
So I called about my glass curve. The rep I spoke to said I could upgrade to the elite but they didn't have any in stock.

They're sending me a new curve instead so we'll see how it goes. Worse case I'll call back when they restock and try to swap it for the elite.