ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acemc03@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
^ well, according to that setting mine was scanning for wireless access points every 20 seconds. i set it to every minute instead. so i'd expect it to at least help a bit... I might bump it even higher to 90 seconds.

antarctica

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So despite having "Always use proximity" enabled in my call settings, it was still hit-n-miss on it actually working for me. Sometimes my screen would work after a call, sometimes it wouldn't.

I found this post which mentioned changing a setting in build.prop and rebooting... this seems to have fixed the issue for me. Their post mentions "mot.proximity.delay" but my phone was actually "ro.lge.proximity.delay". I also didn't bother doing the adb pull/push as described, I just used the adb shell to check the setting with grep, used sed to change it, then a reboot...

[root@ubuntu ~/droid/]: ./adb remount system
remount succeeded
[root@ubuntu ~/droid/]: ./adb shell
# cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak <-- always make a backup :)
# grep proximity.delay /system/build.prop <-- checking current proximity delay setting
ro.lge.proximity.delay=100
# sed -i 's/proximity.delay=100/proximity.delay=25/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 100 to 25
# grep proximity.delay /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
# reboot

After phone reboots... call your voicemail, and test the setting by placing hand in front of screen, removing hand, repeat. Then go drink beer :cool:

Hey man, I tried your fix, and it works, but it only works for a while. For some reason it will undo itself after a good several hours. The only way I fixed that is by rebooting the phone. I'm not sure what's going on here since the proximity sensor is only used when making a phone call. Perhaps it undoes itself when the phone gets plugged in? Maybe we can look into this some more. I will give you credit though for at least finding a solution to this problem. If anyone else is noticing this problem, chime in as well.

Reactions: Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey man, I tried your fix, and it works, but it only works for a while. For some reason it will undo itself after a good several hours. The only way I fixed that is by rebooting the phone. I'm not sure what's going on here since the proximity sensor is only used when making a phone call. Perhaps it undoes itself when the phone gets plugged in? Maybe we can look into this some more. I will give you credit though for at least finding a solution to this problem. If anyone else is noticing this problem, chime in as well.
I did the hack too and it worked...for a while. :-\

antarctica

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I noticed with this hack is that sometimes I try to test it out by calling voicemail, and it just dials 1 instead of the voicemail. Well, it seems that issue went away. I noticed that when I'm in the middle of a call and move my head away from the phone, if the screen is still off, I can place my thumb over the proximity sensor and move it away quickly and the screen will return. At first I thought this was an issue with SetCPU since I set it to run at 245 MHz when the screen is off, but when I disabled the "Screen Off" profile on SetCPU, the problem still persisted. I hope either Zefie or acemc03 can fix this issue soon. It gets annoying having to hit the power button to end the calls.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Speaker issue

I, after flashing this rom, have minimal sound coming from my speaker. By minimal I mean if I have it up full volume and I put my ear on it I can barely hear it. My headphone sound is working fine and this is the issue I have seen the most on this rom. I even tried flashing another rom and the issue still existed. Didn't happen till I flashed this one the first time. Does anybody know of a fix for this?

Odd_Duck

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,

I LOVE THIS!!!

I just got a ROM working last night: XIONIA-VM it was not however gingerbread 2.3.3 so i tried upgrading to aosp cm.... ect ect... I bricked my phone for 2 hours. I then tried doing the exact same ting with this Zefie's hack. It is working like a charm... I am overclocked' to 806mhz min 320Mgz and it's buzzing like a charm... I didn't know how to properly backup my stuff so I lost some info but I have 2.3.3 working like a charm now. WOooooooo HOoooooooo

Just wanted to say thanx again...

-Odd

***** First rebooted (crashing) @ 806Mgz Min 320Mgz after 45 min. then after 20 min., I'm downing the Mgz to 729Mgz Min 245Mgz *****

Last edited:

eggmann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish the 1st post in this thread would provide more detailed instructions. I spent a lot of time figuring out what "flash ..." means, etc. If the instructions were "dumbed down" to step-by-step, I think more people would benefit from this.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish the 1st post in this thread would provide more detailed instructions. I spent a lot of time figuring out what "flash ..." means, etc. If the instructions were "dumbed down" to step-by-step, I think more people would benefit from this.

NO NO NO

Dumbing down the process is how come there has been so many people breaking the phone and returning it under false reasons.

Google is your very best friend.
Hell Even Bing seems to be knowledgeable in this regards.

untalented893

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
NO NO NO

Dumbing down the process is how come there has been so many people breaking the phone and returning it under false reasons.

I'll agree with this. It was hard for me to figure out how to flash roms and recoveries, but I think since I had to research it I was more knowledgeable on what to do.

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
NO NO NO

agreed..even tho this is my VERY first time doing this..and even owning a android phone..i was able to follow the instructions and come out ok flashing 2 different roms...if you are unable to follow those instructions..you probably have no business doing it imo

Reactions: mysticalnyte

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com

Yeah this is a super annoying problem. Anyone figure it out fully??

willt78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So I am having a new issue with my wifi connection, it won't connect, when I go into the wifi settings through the *#*#4636#*#* code and try to enable the wifi or look at settings my com.android.settings process crashes. Any ideas, I have over 200 apps installed, could that be the problem?

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I am having a new issue with my wifi connection, it won't connect, when I go into the wifi settings through the *#*#4636#*#* code and try to enable the wifi or look at settings my com.android.settings process crashes. Any ideas, I have over 200 apps installed, could that be the problem?
I would make a nandroid backup and do a clean install and see if the problem still occurs on the fresh install. I've had a bunch of apps installed and after doing a new flash it ran much more smoothly. Now I just have to be conservative with installing apps which is tough. ;)

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
did the native tethering ever get fixed? i tried searching the thread but only 3 posts came up and none of them answer the question.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
did the native tethering ever get fixed? i tried searching the thread but only 3 posts came up and none of them answer the question.

no

And for me the tethering apps dont work either.

Honestly I wouldnt worry about tethering. If it gets out of control Im sure VM will either raise the price of the plans or cancel the plans all together.

Hubbel

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash this with clockworkmod 3.0.0.6 (I used the wipe data/cache menu entries before flashing). However, after rebooting all I see is an LG Logo (colored) and nothing else happens. Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit (solved): As mentioned in the original install instructions, the CWM has a menu entry for actually formatting the system partition, I had not realized that. It can be found in the mount points menu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali