Having trouble deciding if Zagg is the way to go?? READ this

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
For as long as I can remember, a $10 peel & stick screen protector has went on every new device I owned before leaving its packaging. They're cheap enough if you mess up(which I have countless times and eventually mastered the install process) and are easily removed. The problem is once they're layed down if any, any tiny bit of dust or debris found its way onto the screen during installation you basically need to start over with a new one as removing and re applying usually results in even more dust and debris. With the TBolt being so new I could not find a proper screen protector locally(everyone sells them but not ones that fit the entire display) so I decided to order one online. I have always stayed away from Zagg because they usually have cut outs for things like the light sensor which I hate. Since the Zagg for the TB does not have any cut outs I placed my order. The checkout was a breeze and the status of my order was sent to me every step of the way. Any time my unit moved through the warehouse, I was notified. Being by a Best Buy yesterday I jumped the gun and purchased another Invisible shield instead of waiting for the one to come in the mail. The packaging is superb, including the protector itself, a bottle of solution used to install, an actual little squeegie(as opposed to a little piece of cardboard) and a very nice cleaning cloth. Installation is easier than you'd think because its very forgiving. Should you happen to get any debris, its removable and you can start over with ease. You'll notice at first the protector seem just a hair to small but in reality, its gonna stretch a bit when you start removing air bubbles with the squeegie leaving a perfect fit when finished. All imperfections do work themselves out in about 24 hours and this product is seriously Invisible. Being so happy I email they're CS department. This morning I received an email thanking me, a personal response from the presidents office. They noticed my website in my email signature and offered up a few samples to giveaway to my readers. If anyone is on the fence about buying a Zagg product, you'll be very pleased with your experience.

Reactions: EggoEspada

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to second this response.

I actually bought an Invisibleshield (full body) for an older phone a few years ago. While I had a hell of a time putting it on, I would guarantee that just the screen protector option is A LOT easier and you could do it yourself. The thing is very scratch resistant and you will feel comfortable with it. You can also seemingly take it off and put it back on.

Twice, I had to get in touch with Zagg as I once ripped it a little (my own fault) and once just wanted to see if I could get a new one as I had gotten too much dust on the thing...

Both times they sent me a new protector for free (under there warrantee).

They are easy to deal with and make a good product.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I forgot to mention the offer a life time guarantee and from reports such as yours, they honor it with no hassle what so ever. I know best buy will also honor the warranty if you purchased with them.

shovelheadhd

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I never put a screen protector on my OG Droid because I always felt like it dumbs down the sensitivity of the touch screen. With this phone I'm not sure if the screen can take a beating like the gorilla glass so has anyone who purchased this tell me if they feel any difference in the sensitivity of the screen to touch?

skinnhc

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Got a full body zagg installed yesterday at a mall kiosk. Honestly the screen feels the same as of now. Will report more later.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a full body Zagg on my Captivate but the edges started peeling up after a couple months and I never liked the way the screen protector felt.
I ordered a Phantomskinz screen protector and put it on the screen and it felt almost just like the screen and seemed to protect just as well.
I dropped the phone once and it scuffed the protector so I took it off and the screen was fine.
I replaced the protector with the second free one that they shipped with the first.
I've ordered one for both mine and my wife's Thunderbolts but they haven't arrived yet.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have always used Zagg Invisishield protectors on my screens since I first got a Palm Pre a few years ago. Definitely helps the screen stay beautiful, and I have never had an issue sending it back under the warranty. Just picked up one for my Thunderbolt today!

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
these are the WORSE covers for a phone EVER. oil magnets, very sticky, HORRIBLE PERIOD.

I used to put these on ALL my devices, but the feeling of them after a day of use is just unbearable. You can't even use the screen that well with it on because its so sticky. If you want your finger to glide over the screen try SGP.

If you want a cheaper version (probably better) of invisible shield go with bestskinsever.com

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I never put a screen protector on my OG Droid because I always felt like it dumbs down the sensitivity of the touch screen. With this phone I'm not sure if the screen can take a beating like the gorilla glass so has anyone who purchased this tell me if they feel any difference in the sensitivity of the screen to touch?

The Thunderbolt screen NEEDS to be dumbed down, sometimes just HOVERING over a button, letter, or number is enough to "click" it.

If this screen protector can de-sensitize the screen a bit I would consider it a big plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer