Anyone using Xway?

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Tetrax Xway with their TB? Tetrax - Portacellulare magnetico per auto - XWAY line
Basically the same price as the VZW car dock, but I think I would rather have it mounted on the vent instead of a suction cup on the windshield. I like the idea of the quick on/off via magnet, but obviously would have to hook the power cord up separately each time. If anyone has used it, please let me know what you think of it.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Tetrax to make sure the Xway would handle the TB and the reply was it would work fine with it. My TB arrives this Thursday (finally!), so after I'm sure I will keep it, I think I'll go order the Xway.

I think another advantage of this approach is you could still keep your TB in a case and mount it to the Xway, where with the VZW car dock, you'd have to take the case off to put it in the dock.

tonyd3434

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
yes! Best mount I've ever owned. Picked it up at sears for $30. Self adhesive plate holds to case of phone well. DONT STICK TO PHONE ITSELF. Make sure you center plate on case so you can twist form landscape to portrait without it wanting to fall to heavy side.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
tonyd3434,
Why not mount the plate directly to the phone? I'm receiving my TB on Thursday, and a VZW leather pouch as well. If there is enough room to put a hard case on it and still have it fit the pouch (doubting this will work) then I will put the plate on the case. Another option might be to go with the Zagg full body coverage and then put the plate on the Zagg. I currently own a Storm, and carry it on my hip all day. I also have an Incipio hard case on it. I like the extra protection, but wouldn't want to keep taking it on/off in order to move from pouch to Xway. One of the videos I watched on the Xway, or one of their related products, showed mounting the plate directly on an iPhone. I thought I remembered seeing directions on how to take the plate off if needed at some point.

Appreciate the heads up on Sears carrying it. Probably be my first trip to a Sears store in >10 years :)

arcee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the distance is from the front edge of the vent to the back of the phone? I have narrow vents and a small mounting area and am concerned that the vent "handle" (the part you grab to adjust the vent up or down) might protrude too much and interfere with the phone.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Haven't purchased mine yet (receive my TB tomorrow), but if you are concerned about the vent approach, they also have the Fixway line which is the same design except you use an adhesive disk to mount it to a solid surface in your vehicle instead of attaching to a vent.

I prefer the vent idea as I can easily move it to multiple vehicles.

tonyd3434

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
dark beer, the reason I would not put on phone is because the plates have a self adhesive that is extremely strong and could tear the soft coating on phone when removed.(not a problem on hard plastic) This is the case I use should fit in pouch.

Last edited: