[LINK][ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.3 Updated 7-24-11

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So for what its worth, I am new to the rooting scene and finally took the plunge and have been going through most of the GB ROMs available and they all have had one issue or another, usually with the radio or data. The last one I tried was the BAMF RC4.9 and it worked well for a few days but then just seemed to become unstable. While I was testing through these ROMs, I downloaded a CM ROM and tried it, thought it looked terrible, couldn't find my way around, and just re-flashed whichever GB ROM I was on before. That was then...
The other day I decided to give CM another try and I have become VERY happy with it! I learned this time around to spend a little extra effort reading about it and learning how to use the included launcher, messed with themes and CM settings. Its awesome! Plus the phone runs like a champ. The battery lasts so much longer now and the phone is FAST!
I highly recommend this ROM, but only do it if you have the time to devote to it. (Give it at least 2 days) You will not be disappointed.
For the record, I am running the MR2 Radio.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Jux

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to flash gaps if I download CM 7.1.0 RC1.3 from Rom manager?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
If you read my OP, i have included the zip for the MOST recent Gapps that you need for this ROM... and you can flash them both in the same session if you knnow how to do it through CWM, it is safer and less problems :)

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have never tried to flash them both at the same time. I did not know you could do that. I loaded CM, then booted into recovery and installed from zip file. It is so simple its scary!

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never tried to flash them both at the same time. I did not know you could do that. I loaded CM, then booted into recovery and installed from zip file. It is so simple its scary!

The more you know the more you grow ;) I have been around here for a while and am still learning, BUT the upside to that, is that you and US can help other peeps out too :) for future ref, if in CWM you can flash more than one zip one after the other... just do it in the right order, for instance. if you flash a new ROM and wan to flash some mods, you need to flash the ROM and then the mods after. same goes for kernels too.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Where do I download the gapps for CM 7.1.0-RC3?
What are the steps I talked to download CM 7.1.0-RC3 properly?

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Where do I download the gapps for CM 7.1.0-RC3?
What are the steps I talked to download CM 7.1.0-RC3 properly?

Those files/links are available on the first post of this thread. What I usually do is send the links to my email which I retrieve on my bolt and then just download them directly to the phone.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Flash CM7 first then flash the gasps right?

Generally all the most important info regarding a ROM is located in the OP (original Post) or first post of the thread... I have provided the ROM and most current Gapps needed for this ;)

@Jux and @ryanpitt - Thanks for the help guys :)

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there a built in tethering feature in CM7 that isnt wifi tether? If so, how to i access it?

It is in the same section as the wifi hotspot. Menu - Settings - Wireless and Networks - Tethering & Portable hotspot. Looks like the USB tethering option is grayed out unless you are connected via USB (makes sense).

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Made the leap to CM7. Loving the speed of AOSP, but will see how things go over the next couple of days.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this on Twitter

358570768.png

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I saw it too but I think it mainly deals with NFC devices for the most part, and Im pretty sure the TB will be the last to see anything since HTC wont release RIL !!!

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That's strange I can see it. Yes that's what I was posting, CM7.1 with Android 2.3.5. :D It's an update that probably won't do a lot, but all updates are exciting for some reason :p

Ah, my apologies to you then, it wasn't appearing on my phone browser or PC and I got 404 errors on the full IMG code you used. My bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress