Can't Flash PB051IMG

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't get some PB051IMGes to flash through hboot. I have Mecha XD ENG S-OFF HBOOT-1.04.2000.

I followed the rooting instructions on xda [ROOT] MR1/OTA PermRoot + Unlock Bootloader - Safer/Easier 5/12/2011 - xda-developers, and was able to flash downgrade on step 4, but couldn't flash upgrade on step 7.

My solution, having achieved s-off but not root was to root per the instructions in cyanogenmod wiki.

Curiously, I was then able to flash mr2 through bootloader and install a beautifully working PUR3AO5PTH3ORY v1.1.1 rom. (TH3ORY meets CM7). Or so it would seem. Bootloader screen reads "RADIO-1.39.00.0508w"

So I guess my only problem is that I can't seem to flash splash screens. I tried reformatting the sd, tried a different sd, etc. The fact that I couldn't flash upgraded firmware on step 7 is a moot point at this point I guess.

Does anyone have any ideas?:)

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup! That did it! Boy do I feel dumb. Thanx for your help guys. Now I just need some kind of boot audio mod. I wonder if the one I used for my Dinc would work.

I tell you what, rooting the Tbolt was way more fun than test-tubing the Dinc. I even figured out how to run adb from Ubuntu.