Can receive certain SMS messages

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be alot written about SMS issues with 4G phones. I can received SMS messages from certain people/site but not others.

For example, I get an SMS immediately when I send one to myself via the VzW site at https://text.vzw.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp

However, when I text HELP to 466453 (GOOGLE) I get nothing back.

There seems to be an issue with receving message outside VzW vs inside VzW.

Any suggestions?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Running BAMF Forever 1.06 (vmail patched) with the latest 906 radios and imoseyon 3.8 kernel. Using Go SMS as the messaging app.

Sorry, I just loaded CM7 the other day... but I'm using Go SMS... tested two things going to GOOGLE and it worked just fine.

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I just loaded CM7 the other day... but I'm using Go SMS... tested two things going to GOOGLE and it worked just fine.

What radios are you using for CDMA and LTE?

I have tried multiple radios as a test with no success.

Started with CDMA: 1.48.00.0906 and LTE: 0.01.78.0906
Downgraded to CDMA: 1.48.00.0817
Downgraded to CDMA: 1.48.00.0726 and LTE: 0.01.78.0802

No luck with any of these radios.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem when I first flashed LT and was using Gosms. I had deleted the stock messaging app from /system/app as soon as I flashed. Go sms worked fine with text but was a no go for sms. I restored the stock messaging app and it has worked fine ever since. I've used Go and deleted the stock messaging app with no issues on other phones but for some reason it doesn't work with this one.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem when I first flashed LT and was using Gosms. I had deleted the stock messaging app from /system/app as soon as I flashed. Go sms worked fine with text but was a no go for sms. I restored the stock messaging app and it has worked fine ever since. I've used Go and deleted the stock messaging app with no issues on other phones but for some reason it doesn't work with this one.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

The odd part is that I can receive some SMS and not others. It looks like the trouble is with message that come from outside the VzW network. This would suggest a radio problem, but I have tried various combinations of CDMA and LTE radios with no success.

I have not touched the stock messaging app. I tried sending a message to Google from the stock app and get no response.