[Tool] Fix Update bootloop

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This is a double-function zip file that can fix a bootloop that an OTA has caused.

------------------

Only do this if you can't get into a custom recovery:

Unzip this, and run run.bat on a windows computer.

------------------

Only do this if you can get into a custom recovery:

Flash this zip through recovery.

------------------

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61129367/loopfix.zip

Not responsible for any damage this may cause (Standard Disclaimer)

Last edited:

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I was about to post a question as a new thread... but I think this fix is for my problem. I'm a total noob when it comes to rooting...l and I only rooted my phone so that I could use the titanium backup application. After an OTA update forced itself onto my phone, the phone fails to install the update and dies with the white triangle thing. When I get the phone rebooted, I get about 30 seconds or so and then it shuts down and tries to install the OTA again. I can't find a way to stop it. Is this the problem this fix is for? I'm not sure what you mean when you question whether or not I can get into a custom recovery.

When I am at the white triangle screen, I can hit the menu button to get a menu that includes "reboot, apply sdcard: update.zip, wipe data/facgtory reset", etc.... is that what you mean?

Please help me fix this... appreciate it.

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was about to post a question as a new thread... but I think this fix is for my problem. I'm a total noob when it comes to rooting...l and I only rooted my phone so that I could use the titanium backup application. After an OTA update forced itself onto my phone, the phone fails to install the update and dies with the white triangle thing. When I get the phone rebooted, I get about 30 seconds or so and then it shuts down and tries to install the OTA again. I can't find a way to stop it. Is this the problem this fix is for? I'm not sure what you mean when you question whether or not I can get into a custom recovery.

When I am at the white triangle screen, I can hit the menu button to get a menu that includes "reboot, apply sdcard: update.zip, wipe data/facgtory reset", etc.... is that what you mean?

Please help me fix this... appreciate it.

nope that's the stock recovery, just run this on the computer

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The recovery zip part is almost the same, but If you cant get to recovery this is what helps you

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The recovery zip part is almost the same, but If you cant get to recovery this is what helps you

Ok, my phone is powered off right now. Do i remove SD card, place "disable OTA updates" zip on root of the SD card (via computer), place SD card back into phone, attempt to boot into CWM, and then apply zip from SD card?

amberlynnie78

May 22, 2012
Visit site
or you can just manually do it with the 30 seconds you have when your phone boots.
I'm going to need to know how to do this manually.
My phone's charging port is shot, so there is no way to get it from my computer to my phone---unless of course, I can send the file from gmail to my phone, like I did with my blackmarket apk.
If anyone can tell me the manual steps, I'd appreciate it! :)
Thanks!

coreinstuck

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a double-function zip file that can fix a bootloop that an OTA has caused.

------------------

Only do this if you can't get into a custom recovery:

Unzip this, and run run.bat on a windows computer.

------------------

Only do this if you can get into a custom recovery:

Flash this zip through recovery.

------------------

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61129367/loopfix.zip

Not responsible for any damage this may cause (Standard Disclaimer)

Guys...
Is this instruction are able to do in any tablet pc??
I have android tablet and until now cannot boot..just stuck on logo and cannot boot recovery...
I remember I have "..wipe all..." in terminal and then.....??????
Could you help me this...I'm looking for solution...found it but cannot success...Just stuck
I hope I can find here for solution...thanks

Last edited:

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
No sorry this was only designed to fix the HTC thunderbolt

You could try asking in your devices forum you would probably get a better response there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch