Completely Baffled - WiFi Turns Off

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm really lost on this one. A couple of days ago my WiFi just started turning off within about 10 seconds of being turned on. It never even shows the WiFi icon in the Notification bar. I can't think of any apps that I loaded/updated that have anything to do with it, but I went ahead and did a Factory Reset and it still does the same thing. So I reflashed the radios, with the same result. Then I reloaded Liquid 3.2 (clearing Dalvik, cache, etc) to no avail. Short of unrooting, loading a different ROM, or older radios (I've been using the latest radios since the .19 build was released without any issue) I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Data works fine but WiFi is kaput.
Edit: as soon as I can find my original battery and cover (been using an extended battery forever) I'll give that a whack.
a6fa487a-13f1-7f0b.jpg

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Edit: as soon as I can find my original battery and cover (been using an extended battery forever) I'll give that a whack. Click to view quoted image

That might be an issue. I bought an aftermarket battery with the extended battery cover....big mistake. The antenna wasn't working right and barely got a signal in the middle of the parking lot. Put the stock battery and cover on......whamo-blamo........strong signal.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - this is an HTC extended battery and the cover that came with it. It's been working fine for over a year now. But as soon as I can find the original I'll give it a shot.
Should I format /system from within CWM and reload the ROM?

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue but a bit wierder. Phone says my wifi is connected but there is no data running through. Im running the latest lean kernel.
This is the second time I was running ljquid 3.2 after trying out different roms. Each time I did a full wipe so no dirty flashing. Can a gone help?