Will rooting allow me to disable force pw lock for MS Exchange?

httr

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So my company forces a pw lock after 15 minutes of inactivity if you setup company email with MS Exchange.

Will rooting allow me to take this off and still use the email?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So my company forces a pw lock after 15 minutes of inactivity if you setup company email with MS Exchange.

In case you didn't know, the answer is no. That is controlled by your exchange administrator. The application above is good stuff though to avoid it!

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My goodness. As a network admin, I understand the need for paranoia when dealing with security, but 15 minutes?!?! Do you work for Blackwater or Haliburton by chance?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Will check it out. Is there a way for our IT guys to tell if I do this?

No, all that is basically doing is telling the exchange server that you do have the security in place even though you don't. So your phone doesn't look any different from one who is in compliance.

I've been in this field for about 5 years now and I have to tell you I would honestly leave the security. The pattern unlock is not very secure considering the minimum is 4 spots. Well there are only so many combinations for that, and it doesn't take long to try them all. Just saying, if you lose your phone you would like to know your info is safe. Also keep in mind, depending on your companies policies, they can wipe your phone at any time that they wish. My prior company's policy was if you leave the company we automatically sent a wipe signal. Just something to keep in mind.

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
But understand that if you are caught, the consequences could be severe. They put these in place for a reason.

I also bucked this policy by our IT department when they first started pushing it out. For me, it goes back to the days of a blackberry and I actually had a 30 minute time out. I searched high and low for a way around it but to no avail. With android, there are apps that will bypass this requirement but at what potential cost?

It is not a "right" that your phone connected to your companies exchange server. And it is their server. And to be honest, I am glad that both my information as well as the company information will be protected in the event that I lose my device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress