[ROM][4.19.2011] Das BAMF 1.5

dave4100

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
How do you change the default of the arrow next to the phone at the bottom of the screen? It is now set to open Documents to Go. I tried launch key but it still defaults to docs to go.

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Question: When you hit the home button twice it shows all the screens available (I believe 5). How can I remove all the screens and only keep the home screen?

rhelfand

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Queation about upgrading from 1.3.2

I'm getting ready to upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4. I used CWR to apply 1.3.2 initially so I was planning on using that for the upgrade. Couple of questions:

- Should I wipe cache/davlik?
- Do I just "apply zip from sd card" on top of 1.3.2?

There was another option in CWR, to "update from sd/zip" or something like that. It looks like I'd need to rename the zip file and put it in a specific location for this, but I might be misunderstanding what that option is used for.

Thanks!

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
few questions..

so im guessing u are always supposed to restart after inital flash of rom?

i guess i forget since i flashed on way out for weekend and now just restarted and it brought back my old texts and didnt save anything new...guessing now way get those new text back?

also, what restored my apps? google or the rom? next time i just have restore data with titanium then? thanks

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, it seems my ear volume is very high when talking to others. I adjust the handset volume but they still come over very very loud. The adjustment seems to do nothing. Bluetooth is still very low.

Reactions: superskaterxes

earsly

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind just downloaded the flash player from the market.

------------------
I just flashed 1.4. I just tried to do a speedtest using speakeasy.net but now my browser doesn't have flash. Any ideas?

"The speakeasy speed test requires Flast V7 or higher."

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ready to upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4. I used CWR to apply 1.3.2 initially so I was planning on using that for the upgrade. Couple of questions:

- Should I wipe cache/davlik?
- Do I just "apply zip from sd card" on top of 1.3.2?

There was another option in CWR, to "update from sd/zip" or something like that. It looks like I'd need to rename the zip file and put it in a specific location for this, but I might be misunderstanding what that option is used for.

Thanks!

You need to wipe cache and dalvik, and you might want to wipe data as well, it's sort of up to you since you're going from 1.3.2 to 1.4, but you could encounter some bugs or ghosts or what have you if you don't.

In recovery choose "install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>[then find your file]"

Reactions: rhelfand

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
few questions..

so im guessing u are always supposed to restart after inital flash of rom?

i guess i forget since i flashed on way out for weekend and now just restarted and it brought back my old texts and didnt save anything new...guessing now way get those new text back?

also, what restored my apps? google or the rom? next time i just have restore data with titanium then? thanks

You need to reboot system after you flash a rom. Back out of recovery with power after you install then select reboot now.

Your texts you can back up with a program like sms backup + or something similar, and it will save your texts to your gmail or your sd card, so you can add them back after you flash something new.

And your paid apps are restored by google and your other apps/data are backed up with titanium if you're using it.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI for those that are having problems

I highly recommend using Titanium backup, but when you are constantly flashing different roms I would suggest only backing up apps and their data, with other vital info. Backing up and restoring all system settings to a new rom isn't a wise thing to do.

A full system wipe (data, and both caches) before every rom install, even if it's just an upgrade to the same rom will avoid many common problems as well.

Reactions: rhelfand

superskaterxes

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
im having lots of bugs/problems with 1.4. it may be because i did not do a full system wipe before hand but im getting force closes all over the place and the phone slows to almost nothing at times until i restart it. im gona do a full wipe and reload to see if that helps.

btw under the restart option, whats "hot restart"?

want a droid

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what's going on, but I wiped then installed and it seems I don't have all the features.

For example, pull down isn't transparent, I don't have the power controls in pull down and location is still there. Yet I do have the battery numbers in the icon and my most recent apps are gone.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to enable/disable certain features?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what's going on, but I wiped then installed and it seems I don't have all the features.

For example, pull down isn't transparent, I don't have the power controls in pull down and location is still there. Yet I do have the battery numbers in the icon and my most recent apps are gone.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to enable/disable certain features?

Ya make sure the file is the correct size, dl again if you need to, wipe everything and flash

edit
Unrelated to this post, but i flashed 1.4 remix over 1.3.2 themed without a full wipe (just data and dalvik) and so far it is running just fine.

Last edited:

Manny85382

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble running visual voice mail.. I downloaded the zip file and when I click the apk it says it not installed. In the zip file there are two other files included. I'm guessing those have to be installed somewhere else. And then the vvm apk should work right? Do you have to push the files via adb? If so can someone tell me the commands?

Last edited:

memtenn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Great rom. Only thing that's bugging me is the wifi. It will not connect to my N router (Linksys). It sees my network and tries to connect but it just disconnects and goes in a cycle. Any suggestions. I don't want to factory reset my phone.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
You need to reboot system after you flash a rom. Back out of recovery with power after you install then select reboot now.

Your texts you can back up with a program like sms backup + or something similar, and it will save your texts to your gmail or your sd card, so you can add them back after you flash something new.

And your paid apps are restored by google and your other apps/data are backed up with titanium if you're using it.

yea i figured that out....

none of my apps are paid and they were all restored auto...weird..i use TB anyways

ninj0rc

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Browser Flash Stopped Working

Hi everyone,

First time Droid owner here. I rooted by Thunderbolt soon after acquiring it, and das BAMF 1.4 is the first custom ROM I'm installed. I wanna say thanks to the creator as well as all the folks in this thread for the hard work and the helpful information.

I noticed today that Flash is no longer working in the built-in browser that came with the phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Sorry if this is a repost, I looked for a similar post in the thread but was unsuccessful.

Edit: As an update, I've also noticed that pressing the phone's Menu button on a web page that has a Flash object causes the Internet browser to close and returns the phone to the home screen. I've tried clearing all browser data (cache, cookies, etc.) as well as wiping all phone data, cache, and Dalvik data. No success so far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress