[RUU] 4-18-2011 | New Rom + Radio 1.16.00.402 FIXES!

jcase

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This is a full ruu, and is likely the first OTA update. I have removed a lot of identifying info out of it however, and the version numbers will appear as stock.

EDIT
for a signed version for NONROOT users and devs see http:// forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13031373#post13031373

Fresh off the boat from a source, travels many a mile :). I was requested to remove as much version info as possible, but others will likely post the true version info shortly. This is unsigned, you must have s-off to flash. Backup first, verify the md5sum first. This will wipe your phone.

This will upgrade your radio, it is technically possible fore Verizon to see you radio firmware version. New roms may require this radio update to use them properly. This will have no boot animation sound on the first flash.

This is the newest leaked from HTC as of 4/18/2011

http:// www .multiupload.com/54LJ6JM9X9 (if posting this so anyone can see the url is an issue lmk, so I can remove the links and post elsewhere)
53e78863b7cc829261b4c6e1b984c200 PG05IMG_4182011_unsigned.zip

rename as PG05IMG.zip and flash through hboot, NOT recovery.

Known Fixes:
SQLite API
GPS Location Services
LTE/3g Transitions
Audio Recodring
Video Playback
Proximity Sensor drain

My Mods
Removed hboot
removed recovery

added su (jacked from rmk and chainsdd)
anded Superuser.apk (jacked from rmk and chainsdd)

These roms are based off this RUU, and you can flash it over top to enjoy non stock rom, but with theses fixes.

Das BAMF 1.5
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1009876

BAMF Remix 1.5
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1027804

Last edited:

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
edit* question: if i flash this new radio and try restoring my MIKMIK 1.3 ROM, will the restore wipe the new radio and give me back the old one?

Last edited:

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Do updates like this always wipe the phone? I just got my phone set back up after it wiped from rooting. Now I have to wipe again when I flash this? Any suggestions on re-installing all my apps, desktop visualizer, etc?

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Do updates like this always wipe the phone? I just got my phone set back up after it wiped from rooting. Now I have to wipe again when I flash this? Any suggestions on re-installing all my apps, desktop visualizer, etc?

Get

Full version titanium backup and backup all your apps.
Get Call Logs backup and restore and SMS backup and restore

Titanium backup full version is awesome and saves a bunch of time when restoring apps, with free version you have to press ok and yes for each app when you install, but with paid version it does it for you. With 70+ apps it can be a pain in the ass.

Whenever you put a new ROM on your phone its best to wipe your data and dalvik cache. Then restore your apps with titanium backup and your call logs and sms.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Get

Full version titanium backup and backup all your apps.
Get Call Logs backup and restore and SMS backup and restore

Titanium backup full version is awesome and saves a bunch of time when restoring apps, with free version you have to press ok and yes for each app when you install, but with paid version it does it for you. With 70+ apps it can be a pain in the ass.

Whenever you put a new ROM on your phone its best to wipe your data and dalvik cache. Then restore your apps with titanium backup and your call logs and sms.

Ok, thanks. And that will backup Apps from the different markets and sideloaded, right? I manually reloaded after my last wipe and I had to track down the miscellaneous APKs I sideloaded. Thanks again! I'm loving my switch to Android!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a hardcore advocate of Titanium, now I use My Backup Pro. It will even return your icons and widgets to the proper home screens, as well as backup your sms, mms, and call logs. (if you are rooted) It's too easy...

Reactions: SoDev and Bobman

morbidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So I applied Remix version + radio update, question though, is this how my "about" screen supposed to look? Just making sure the radio file applied correctly

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So is it normal that I apparently lost Root when I installed this? I was still prompted by superuser to allow access or not, but shootme wouldn't work saying it didn't have root.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ya i have no idea what you guys are talking about so i guess i'll wait for the ota from verizon lol.

Haha. Good call. I didn't know much before a couple of days ago. I followed Cory's root guide and Cyber warrior's backup, restore and install rom's guide and learned a lot. As long as you make the backup per Cyber Warrior's instructions you are pretty safe to being able to revert back.

Definitely no harm in waiting for the OTA though. I'm a big computer nerd to begin with (Mac and Windows) so I enjoyed learning about rooting and Android.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is if you wait for the "Official VZW OTA" you are behind the curve. There is already a rom that has these updates today and it will take VZW at least a month if not two to push this out. So while you are sitting there with a buggy gps and horrid video recording volumes, the rest of us are moving up and happy with our updates... This is why I rooted my DInc last year in the first place and got hooked on hacking. If you are motivated enough you'll figure it out. I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress