Froyo Now Available

PuGz

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just caught this my self. I have a feeling I will be installing this on a lot of phones around the office tomorrow. lol

anon(156336)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Be careful with this gentlemen, I got mine running on stock 2.2 yesterday, and it's not quite what it was with the 2.1 + root.

I know it's personal preference, but be warned ;)

**edit**

Also, still no way to disable TouchWiz on the stock ROM.

Last edited:

anon(156336)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just a quirk I noticed... after being in "Manage Applications" and clearing cache on a few things, if you hit back, it'll take you back to the Application menu, but if you repeatedly press back, it'll go from browser to menu to browser to menu etc.

scvfd1202

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to upgrade to 2.2 as I've been waiting for it.

But I cannot get the upgrade to complete using Kies mini. It recognizes my phone, but when the process begins and the phones screen shows "Downloading" the kies mini software reprts that the upgrade could not be completed and to reboot the phone and try again.

What a disappointment....

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to upgrade to 2.2 as I've been waiting for it.

But I cannot get the upgrade to complete using Kies mini. It recognizes my phone, but when the process begins and the phones screen shows "Downloading" the kies mini software reprts that the upgrade could not be completed and to reboot the phone and try again.

What a disappointment....

I failed once, then did it without any antivirus on the pc.

Reactions: john_v

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So far, I'm loving the update. The changes seem small, visually, but it is nice to have Flash capabilities, and some of my apps seems to run smoother.

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Question - Root

Question:

Does z4Root still work to root the Mez, and did US Cellular remove the ability to use the Wireless modem app without subsribing (it worked with 2.1).

Thanks

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
SuperOneClick does still work. The only thing I had to do was set the USB connection to Ask, connected, disconnect, change the USB setting to Keis, then reconnect. After that, SuperOneClick rooted my Mez without any problems.

Machine Gun J

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
there is but your better off using a toggle widget like beautiful widgets to access it. Other than that just hold the power button down and you will get the option to turn off the phone or enter airplane mode

Reactions: laney12186

Sintex

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am running the leaked version of 2.2 is there a reason to flash to the official 2.2 release? The reason I am asking is that I have a bunch of apps the I got for free from the Amazon app store that would get wiped and from what I am reading people seem to be having a lot more issues with the official version of 2.2 then they had with the leaked version...sad as that is.

By the way I love my rooted leaked version, Thank you!!! The only issues I am having is with audio playback just pausing itself on its own across all audio programs to include Pandora, Google Listen and Audible, anyone else experiencing this? Other than that, rock solid.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I am running the leaked version of 2.2 is there a reason to flash to the official 2.2 release? The reason I am asking is that I have a bunch of apps the I got for free from the Amazon app store that would get wiped and from what I am reading people seem to be having a lot more issues with the official version of 2.2 then they had with the leaked version...sad as that is.

By the way I love my rooted leaked version, Thank you!!! The only issues I am having is with audio playback just pausing itself on its own across all audio programs to include Pandora, Google Listen and Audible, anyone else experiencing this? Other than that, rock solid.

To first answer your amazon question, no you won't lose them. They are tied to your account. Once you reinstall the amazon app store and sign in, it will tell you you have apps you need to download. I've been getting the free apps on my phone, then when I open amazon on my Nook, the apps are there waiting to be downloaded. So I don't think that's an issue.

I'm in the same boat with the leaked 2.2. I've been running it for awhile, and like you have been hearing the (rightful) complaints about the official release. I too find it amazing that the leaked could be better than the official; but it is what it is. Personally, I'm just sticking with the leaked 2.2 for now; if I need warranty work I can always slap it back to 2.1.

(I am working with one of the other AC advisers on trying to get the fascinate superclean rom running on the mez...it was running fine, but would only send blank text messages; email, web, and phone were fine. Hopefully we'll get that up and running soon)

EDIT: Forgot to answer your audio question...I too will get that but only occasionally...hasn't been enough to where it really bugs me. Not sure of a reason or fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress