EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Tat2

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
got the update pushed to my phone today, downloaded, verified, rebooted, made the install process to about a 1/4th of the way then went right into an exclamation point with triangle screen. Been stuck on there after a complete phone reset, then another try formatting my sd card....now what?!?!

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Initially had long delay with GPS, took about 10 minutes to lock. But then the next two time I've used it it locked in about 20 seconds. Hopefully that remains more the pattern going forward.

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Seems the charge didnt get video chat with google talk for some reason. I finally got the update today. My wifes revolution has the option for video chat but not my charge.

Well that sucks... that was probably the only feature in Gingerbread that I was really looking forward to :(

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
This morning I reported that after the update my phone would not stay powered on. Took it over to the Verizon store and had them look at it. They couldn't keep it powered on either. I decided the onlly way to see if the phone was still gonna work was to do a factory reset. Did that and everything appears to be fine now. Just having to spend time re-installing apps. :D:D

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
So for so good. Installed in 20 min including reboot (excluding SD card scan). No big differences yet, I do like the scree scroll wraps and the orange over scroll indicator is fine.

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No more Screeching with Tango! Smoother and faster response, I do see that they sneaked in some vzw apps like video and ringtones . Over all I'm tickled with the update. So now that they are selling it for forty nine, some people are gonna get a great phone. Also runs smoother with 3G. We will see if the bluetooth stays connected with my Fiat500.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not overly impressed with the GB upgrade, compared to what Motorola did with GB upgrade for DroidX Samsung really kept this about as stock as you could. But I'm happy to see that Juice Defender will now work with the Charge after the GB upgrade. Hoping to really get some good battery life results once again.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
After I did a factory reset, that seemed to have fixed all my problems. ROBOTO (fun classic platformer) used to run like garbage, it was unplayable on Froyo, but now it's working 95% of the time very well.

However, the stock music app seems broken now. I used to use the stock music app all the time (because of it's playcount compatibility with iSyncr), but now listening to the same songs, the music is constantly stuttering and with one song the music volume keeps fading in and out, but only at the end of the song, the rest of the song plays fine. Anyone know of other music apps that work with iSyncr's playcount tracking?

The google music app works perfectly fine, but it doesn't support iSyncr's playcount tracking.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Were there issues with juice defender before? I did have to reset my JD settings after the update. It reverted to balanced mode. I had advanced settings. Can't say I had issues before though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had some problems using Juice Defender with Froyo. It made the data reconnection problem worse when leaving a wifi area. Also it would mess up my Bluetooth connection in my car. JD openly acknowledged there were problems with the Charge on their website. They were hoping GB update would take care of it. I want to start using it again but I'm gonna wait and see if the problems have been corrected with the update first.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I had a once in a great while loss of data connection that required a reboot but I heard that was an issue with the phone. I turned off JD managing the data connection because of it. If it was a JD problem guess I'll try turning it back on.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had some problems using Juice Defender with Froyo. It made the data reconnection problem worse when leaving a wifi area. Also it would mess up my Bluetooth connection in my car. JD openly acknowledged there were problems with the Charge on their website. They were hoping GB update would take care of it. I want to start using it again but I'm gonna wait and see if the problems have been corrected with the update first.

So far JD seems to play nice with the Charge after the gb update. Not sure if I get battery performance, will try without JD tomorrow and see if how battery is comparing against today when I had JD enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38