The waiting for the Charge thread

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought we were cluttering up DroidXcon's thread, so I figure I would start a new one where we can discuss how we/I am just so impatient waiting for this phone.

So the 7th was a credible rumor date (many websites said that), and since that has come and gone...we can only hope for next week, if not that then the following, or the one after that lol.

Its wierd how this phone has no hype, no tv commercials, just a zero blip on the radar screen. I just want this forum to start kicking so we can get our Charge all modded an stuff. And to bash them TB users. lol j/k

So if you guys can just post any info you got on the Charge will be welcomed here.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol never worry about cluttering my threads lol i'm on enough to keep up for the most part.

But yeah someone posted an article of an updated roadmap showing the 14th so the wait is on . Using this dumbphone is driving me crazy, i can't wait to get something new and start hacking away :) . Hopefully the bootloader isnt locked otherwise we will be at the mercy of an XDA developer getting this phone.

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for this phone to hit stores so I can play with it. I just hope the buttons don't feel cheap. D: That'd probably cause me to think twice. Such a weak reason, I know, but I hate the thought of having to search for the 'search' button cause it decided to run away. :(

I'm ready to upgrade from this Rogue.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
i could careless about 4G since my area isnt covered yet, i want the new screen and well a phone period lol

I could hardly belive my small town in Hawaii..pop maybe 70,000 WILL get 4g this year. Is my big reason for switching. Have you seen them gushing over 4g in the TB forum?

I'm also a "gotta have the new thing" kind of guy, so that is a driving force too.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for this phone to hit stores so I can play with it. I just hope the buttons don't feel cheap. D: That'd probably cause me to think twice. Such a weak reason, I know, but I hate the thought of having to search for the 'search' button cause it decided to run away. :(

I'm ready to upgrade from this Rogue.

The buttons could be a thorn in the charge. Played with a friends DX and the buttons were wiggly and cheap feeling.

Whats a rogue? I know its a phone, is it bad?

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe the Rogue was Samsung fleshing out their touchwiz interface. It's actually a really good feature phone that came out about two years ago for Verizon. I've had absolutely zero problems with it. The camera is amazing (I really like cameras in phones) and the screen is beautiful.

These buttons are definitely on the bigger side, they look pretty sturdy. I'm hoping the DroidX button wiggle was because of the thinness of the buttons. I dunno.

As far as the overall look of the phone goes, I don't know why it's catching so much flack. It's a novel device. It's got a new form factor for an Android device and there's nothing overly gimmicky about it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just googled the rogue (which I shoulda done before asking what it is) and is a nice if not somewhat outdated phone.

Charge will be quantum leap for you. You are 2 generations prior to the charge screen. The kicker here will be the size...from your 3.1 to a 4.3 will cause you to faint lol. I remember when I got my 46 inch tv from a 27 ... it just blew me away. When I look at smaller sets now I can't bear it.

Hope you can adjust to an onscreen keyboard coming from your slideout.

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mhmmm. My brother got the Fascinate around Christmas time. I was playing with it the other day and the 4" screen blew me away. Lol and then I realized how much bigger 4.3" would be and I got really excited.

I'm a big guy (6'too damn tall) and so I'm really digging these big screens. I don't imagine that I'll have a big problem with the on screen keyboard. I've been using an iPod touch for a while now and can't wait to get caught up.

It may be outdated but the Rogue is a really solid phone, I'm pretty sure it was an editors pick on cnet when it dropped.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought the TB and used it for three days. I'm sorry, it's a great phone and I wanted to like it... I really did. But I need a device that can realistically get me at least 8 hours before going into the yellow. The first time out, after unplugging it from the charger at work, the TB lasted 5 hours before I hit red and that was with light use. As much as I loved the look, feel and yes, even taste ( :p ) of the phone, it's just not acceptable to me for a phone to be that power hungry. And, let's be real here, once you get a taste of the super Amoled, it's just too dang hard to go back.

Waiting...

Why are you waiting on this...4g? Next gen samoled screen?
No likey Thunderbolt?

My reasons: All of the above :D :D :D

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
My feeling is this phones batt life will be dismal. Browsing the TB forum, there is a lot of tweaks, and folks seem to be getting somewhat decent life.
What smartphone gets super batt life anyway. (If you use them like they are meant to be)

droidSparx

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't really interested in this phone, until that 1yr bs vzw just came out with.
So I might jump on this phone, and where I work there's 4G

I'm not going to touch a htc phone considering their battery life

CJactual

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
AHGGG! Wait a min. Is the Charge a SLIDER? Nooooo tell me it ain't so Joe! I have a droid x and i am having new problems with my BT not turning on and random pwr cycles, so i am soooo hyped about this Charge. I'm only 7 months into a contract and i am prepared to buy it at full price (as long as it's not a slider).

Why does the Arc sing to me whenever i see it (i know, i know, it's a Sony) But it's something about it. Maybe its all aesthetics.

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a Fascinate. Still love it but having a very hard time waiting for this phone! The TB 4G is awesome but I don't want to give up the brilliant screen. Just played with the TB in the store, not great enough to get me to buy one.

I too will be paying full retail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11