Would you consider a Droid X2 if available before the Charge?

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Rumors have the dual core and qHD Droid X2 coming out next week. No front camera or LTE but it does have more memory.

So even with 3g is it more future proof and a better choice than the Charge, or is the SAMOLED+ and LTE and front camera just too good to give up?

Personally, I'm having trouble figuring out how much LTE matters. I mean, I've got a 3g usb stick and it works great with my laptop. So if the Droid X2 has lots of speed and memory, why should I care about LTE unless I'm streaming a lot of video?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Rumors have the dual core and qHD Droid X2 coming out next week. No front camera or LTE but it does have more memory.

So even with 3g is it more future proof and a better choice than the Charge, or is the SAMOLED+ and LTE and front camera just too good to give up?

Personally, I'm having trouble figuring out how much LTE matters. I mean, I've got a 3g usb stick and it works great with my laptop. So if the Droid X2 has lots of speed and memory, why should I care about LTE unless I'm streaming a lot of video?

i think you should go with the DX2...i ll stick with a phone without a locked down bootloader

Stupid Verizon release this thing already

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, and its a real question and not something to dismiss lightly. Sure 4G is great and the display is stunning, FFC, how much do you really use a FFC, I mean really use it?

Those who have it are not disappointed in the DCharge so far but its been a few days for those who got lucky. The data speed is only as good as the phone itself, if the processor cannot keep up its a bottleneck isn't it.

I just don't know which to get and for me its no so much which comes first but which performs better overall. Looks will thrill, but performance will kill :)

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use a lot of data or like to have fast speeds the Charge is the way to go. I was disappointed with the Atrix screens colors and its really unknown if the droid x2 display is going to be the same way. I don't think I would want any other phone thats currently out right now other than a gs2.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Is there a VZW Android that has a display that is almost as good as the Charge? I don't see myself streaming video or other things that require 4G. I got to play with a friends Droid X on VZW and it seemed plenty fast for me.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely take the DX2 over a Charge. Unless you have 4G in your area, I would think that the DX2 would be faster in WiFi and might even be faster on 3G than the Charge. Heck the DX2 might even be faster then my ancient Dell laptop on WiFi!

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a VZW Android that has a display that is almost as good as the Charge? I don't see myself streaming video or other things that require 4G. I got to play with a friends Droid X on VZW and it seemed plenty fast for me.
The Fascinates screen is good. The main thing I did not like about mine was the bing integration. The Thunderbolts screen is great so I am thinking the Incredible 2s screen might be similar. That might be something to check out.

choppaj247

May 3, 2011
Visit site
the first pik i seen of the droid x2 made me fall in love with it. Silver outer lining slimmed way down lte front facing camera. However now after seeing its a beefed up X its kinda stupid. Why spend the money on a 3g smartphone. Kinda like buying a 2g blackberry when droids were first coming out. why take a step back? esp when the cost is the same! Plus im not one waiting for dual core. I could care less.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I see the faster data speeds being way more useful than having a dual core processor. I just came from an Atrix and got like .4 mb/s downloads or less. The only way I would recommend a 3g phone at this point is if you are in the middle of nowhere and don't think you will see 4g in the next 20 months. Either way lte can be disabled so there is really no drawback other then the initial price of the phone.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Motorola seems hell bent at discouraging the root community, judging by their numerous tweets and blogs concerning custom roms and such.
For that simple reason, I choose not to support them.
I've never owned a moto smartphone, but locked bootloaders don't sound like a good thing.

trenton

May 5, 2011
Visit site
i have a droid x and other than being locked down, i love it....there are some good ROMs and a lot of support for the droid x because its so popular...i really like the build quality of it, it feels really solid and its super thin...but unless they come out with an amazing phone and change their bootloader policy then i wont get another moto....looking forward to getting the charge...

www.chargeforums.com

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i have a droid x and other than being locked down, i love it....there are some good ROMs and a lot of support for the droid x because its so popular...i really like the build quality of it, it feels really solid and its super thin...but unless they come out with an amazing phone and change their bootloader policy then i wont get another moto....looking forward to getting the charge...

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

Thanks for the link But i loves me some AC :cool:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had not fully considered the locked bootloader issue on Moto hardware and without it you really can't take full advantage like you can with other phones that are not locked. So if we get Galaxy S (Fascinate) devs on the phone and created kernels and ROM's we would be golden.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with the Xperia Play? Has an unlocked bootloader, faster Cpu than the Charge, although its only 3g. Seems like a decent phone, to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, and its a real question and not something to dismiss lightly. Sure 4G is great and the display is stunning, FFC, how much do you really use a FFC, I mean really use it?

I use Skype all the time on my laptop and having the video of the person in front of me takes away some of the long distance feeling. The FFC on the phone is a convenience that I would definitely use frequently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87