Night Mode (Controlling LED Touch Buttons)

RicochetSEW

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Would someone please help this old man out and guide me in lowering and/or turning off the three LED touch buttons at the bottom of my DNA screen. I am a night time reader (using Calibre Companion with paid version of Aldiko Reader) and these three LEDs are burning my eyes out. I have tried the following screen dimmer apps with no luck: Night Mode and Screen Dimmer. I appreciate anyone's help on this and I do realize that I may be missing a completely apparent setting that does this.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Unless you're rooted, you can't. Sorry:( I've had the same complaint for years since the original HTC Evo.

Edit: Never mind, apparently I hadn't checked on this recently enough=/

Last edited:

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of the same thing myself. Last night I downloaded "Screen Filter" and it worked like a charm.
It allows you to change brightness and disable the soft key lights. In app adjust brightness, make sure Enable soft-key backlight is not selected, finally hit Enable Screen Filter.
The last trick is to press the power button once to turn off the screen, press again and the screen will come back but the Backlight keys will stay dark.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of the same thing myself. Last night I downloaded "Screen Filter" and it worked like a charm.
It allows you to change brightness and disable the soft key lights. In app adjust brightness, make sure Enable soft-key backlight is not selected, finally hit Enable Screen Filter.
The last trick is to press the power button once to turn off the screen, press again and the screen will come back but the Backlight keys will stay dark.

Omg! I had uninstalled that when jellybean broke it, didn't realize they updated it...let alone added this functionality! Thanks from me as well:)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Screen Filter is fabulous, I recommend downloading Power Toggles to keep it in your notifications tray at all times--that way you don't have to exit to the app tray to launch, just pull down the notifications tab and you're all set.

Bear in mind Screen Filter does a couple wonky things to your device. Nothing terrible, but you can't say, download apps with the filter activated. I had this on my Nexus 7 and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Had to randomly stumble upon user comments on the app (they've since announced it on the app description itself).

gabe0013

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

IT'S NOT WORKING! NEED HELP ASAP! I did what you said and it still is not working and it's driving me nuts! Please help!

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Since update none of the filters, night clocks etc well turn these lights off...I agree with those who posted above...help is find a way to turn these off.