MUTE during calls?

GadgetMedic

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I have a persistent issue with my DNA - constantly finding it to be on MUTE during calls. Even if I do not move it away from my ear it seems to mute itself and I am finding my customer saying "Are you there?" Thought it might be the proximity sensor being covered by screen protector, so I removed the screen protector... same problem... any thoughts? :-\

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues with my phone calls being muted automatically. When I'm on conference calls for work, I typically put it on speaker and mute/unmute as needed. But I don't work around anyone else so it's easy for me to do that.

Debbie Lawyer

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. They sent me another phone but it is doing the same thing. I am so over it and will be taking it to the sprint store again . Would love to see other posts from people having the same problem.. anyone out there ?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. They sent me another phone but it is doing the same thing. I am so over it and will be taking it to the sprint store again . Would love to see other posts from people having the same problem.. anyone out there ?

You must be on the wrong forum...the DNA is a Verizon wireless exclusive...

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I have a persistent issue with my DNA - constantly finding it to be on MUTE during calls. Even if I do not move it away from my ear it seems to mute itself and I am finding my customer saying "Are you there?" Thought it might be the proximity sensor being covered by screen protector, so I removed the screen protector... same problem... any thoughts? :-\

You know what, I had this issue A LOT on my Motorola Droid 1 way back when. Honestly, there was nothing I could do about it, the screen was constantly activating when I was talking. Try calibrating the G-sensor under 'Display' in settings. I'm not sure if the phone uses that in tandem with the proximity sensor to shut the screen off during a call, but its worth a shot. I was never able to fix this on my Droid 1 and had to live with it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I've found that sometimes my cheek will activate the mute during a call if I move the phone away from my face and back, but my more persistant problem is moving the phone away from my face and the screen will remain black. So when I press the power button to wake it and end a call, the screen will promptly power back off. It can take me four or five tries to end a call. But that's really only when I am using speaker or multitasking while using voice.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

GazeboDweeb

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
YES!!! I am having the SAME problem. HTC One with Verizon. I'll make a call and be talking then all of a sudden the other person says, "Hello? Are you there?" So then I have to put it on speaker phone. The mute button isn't pressed, I tried to hit it to mute then unmute. . . . . nothing. There is a setting to "Mute when flip" which, I'm not sure if that's for the ringer or for the speaker but there's NO setting to shut it off. Not sure what the issue is but, I'm gonna keep searching. It's recent issue too, just started happening about two months ago. :-( Sad phone panda over here. Sometimes it doesn't do it, and it doesn't matter if I call or if they call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87