Replacement phone - Google Play Store won't update it.

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello: I got a replacement DNA from Verizon. After starting it up and logging in to Google, I attempted to run the Play Store so that it would repopulate all of my apps. It preceeded to show that running circle in the middle of the screen, like it was working on it. I left it on and plugged in overnight. This morning, that little circle was still going and no apps had been downloaded. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone successfully logged into your Google account? On Google Play, do you see your Google account email and avatar at the top when you swipe in from the left?

I'm not sure if this is possible on the DNA, but if you can wipe the system cache partition, it might be worth trying. Use the following method:

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    linote.gif
    Press the Power button then tap Power off.
  2. Press and hold Volume Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Wipe Cache Partition (if available), then press the Power button.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Correct ^^^^ you need to make sure you follow the instructions on the screen as if you have NEVER had Android before except you select that you already have a log in... I had a similar issue just Hard Resetting my phone!