Downloaded Math Keyboard, but can't get it to activate.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
On my old Fascinate, I was able to switch from the QWERTY keyboard to the math keyboard by holding my finger on the text box. I can't figure out how to activate my downloaded math keyboard on my DINC 2. Anyone know how to switch keyboards? I really need it when I use Wolfram. Thanks!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you long press the input field? Try long pressing an input field and you should be able to select your input method. The Math Keyboard should be an option.

Hope this helps.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes, and more often after GB update, when I longpress to switch keyboards, it only wants to give me the few select/copy commands instead of the full slate of commands that includes choose input method. If I keep working at it, I'll get it. I have to make sure nothing is highlighted or underlined and keep trying my longpress in different spots.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. When I long press, I get a quick hepatic vibrate but nothing comes up. I have no command options; just a blank text screen. I also took your suggestion and tried to press other areas of the screen, but all I get is a quick vibrate. I also tried a soft reset. I've never had any issues with this phone. Seems like an odd bug to get.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Wait, do you get nothing at all? Like type some text and then longpress on it. Do you get the copy/paste popup?

If so, I wonder if you have your math keyboard enabled. Go to Settings > Language & keyboard and make sure your math keyboard shows up and is checked so it will be available as an option. I suspect you've already done this but it can't hurt to confirm.

If not, if you get nothing at all popping up when you longpress text, that's definitely something wrong.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. When I long press, I get a quick hepatic vibrate but nothing comes up. I have no command options; just a blank text screen. I also took your suggestion and tried to press other areas of the screen, but all I get is a quick vibrate. I also tried a soft reset. I've never had any issues with this phone. Seems like an odd bug to get.

Does the Math Keyboard show under the Settings -> Language & keyboard settings? If it installed properly you should see multiple keyboards there to choose from and configure.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I checked "Language and Keyboard" and the math keyboard isn't even there. I'm using the same app I had with my Fascinate. I'm gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling a different keyboard before I do the.... factory reset....

Astrodroid- It's totally blank unless I type. I get the cut/copy option or select word/select all option. But no keyboard choice.

Pville- That's exactly what I remember on my Samsung. I'm gonna keep on troubleshooting. I wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat as me.

Thanks again guys. I'll let you know what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87