how to sync contacts

c308682

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
so since the cloud is great I must be omitting some simple step.

When I enter contacts into my phone, they do not ever sync into my gmail contacts like if I look them up on my mac. But when I input a new contact into the gmail contacts on the mac, the new contact shows up instantly on my phone. how do I get it to sync both ways.

thank you

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue when I got my phone, first android device. When you create a new contact on your phone, before you type any information, under Contact type, select Google. This will bring up a box that says "Change contact type, some fields may be lost, etc..." Select ok and enter in your new contact. Now after you save this new contact in your phone using this method, it will show up on your computer, in gmail. Hope this helps!

Reactions: c308682

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The only way that I know how to make your phone contacts google ones is to export all of your contacts on your phone to your SD card which will create a file containing all of your contacts from your phone. Then open gmail on your computer and import that file you saved on your SD card to your gmail. Once all of those contacts are now synced with gmail then they should sync back to your phone. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: babracmmm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non