JMac24#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the Dinc2 on release day. Love the feel. I didn't want a huge 4.3 phone, the 3.7 I thought was the end of my spectrum but with the lack of phones I decided to look at the 2. I had the one and Rooted and Rom'ed and played. Loved it. This phone is great so far. I didn't need 4G. The smaller (even though its big) size appealed to me. Dual core didn't really make me want to wait. Went with it.

So on to the werid. Anyone have it type in asterisk? Like when I was trying to search in google. It also jumped around the page. Almost like the keys were mapped wrong.

I am going to factory reset here soon just curious if anyone had seen it.

Also the screen wont timeout at times. Sucks the battery dry. However, I get great life if it doesn't happen to not timeout.

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes the search bar does replace letters with ***. I cannot figure that out. Resetting the phone did nothing on my end. Nothing in the browser and security settings address the issue. And for me the screen time out works flawlessly. Actually it appears to time out faster than I set it.

The only problem I have is a loose piece around my USB that rattles when I shake or hold the phone. I am trying to figure out if it is a flaw in my device or a design intention.

Anyone else have this problem?

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I had that too. I use Dolphin browser HD and just reset that and now I can't get the asterisk to come back. Not sure what I did to make it go away nut I'm not sure a hard reset will do. Hopefully this helps from you having to reset the phone again

Edit. ok I do still have it. typing is has the asterisk but at the top in the bar would still show letters. Thats where I was looking anyways so I didn't notice. Thats odd

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's necessarily a DInc2 problem; I have the original Incredible and lately the Google mobile page has been doing that for me as well. Might be some inadvertent result of a tweak Google made on their end.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking it is on Google's end as well. Started doing this a few days ago. Weird. Not liking it.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok I decided to do a soft reset and that fixed the issue with the browser. So if you are having a problem try a soft reset. If you don't know what that is.......while the phone is still on remove the battery and keep it out of the phone for up to 20 seconds. If this doesn't work then your best bet is to do a hard reset. Typing on my browser search bar is normal now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress