World capability verified

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY got mine in the mail today!

I am in Qatar, slipped my Verizon SIM out of my old Blackberry Storm2 and put it into my brand new DInc2....powered on....and I am connected 3G to voice and data!

I am in love with this....buh bye Blackberry :cool:

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Cool, i'm calling VZW today to get my global turned on, i'll be travelling to the UK next week and what to get it set up before I go.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't ask, lol....from what I have read the International plans have changed...for the worse :confused:

I have been on the international plan since August of last year, so I have been grandfathered in on the old rate

Here is what to expect: Global Data

And always get the lowest voice plan possible before going, because you will never burn them up if you are smart because ~$1.99/min will eat a big hole in your pocket. Do NOT text, as it is ~$.50 to send and ~$.05 to recieve

Hope that helps

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Agree, it will cost me $100 for 70mb worth of data while on my trip to the UK, which is the same price for France and Germany.

I can't believe their plans are so sucky, if it wasn't for the fact that I need my US number in europe, i would just get it unlocked and use a local sim card.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I traveled a ton last year. Data in Europe was $69.99 per month, prorated for the time I was actually there. Calls were .99$ to $1.29 per minute depending on the country. pay the extra one-time $2.99 fee to get $.30 off or so per minute. Texts are like the other guy said, $.50 out, $.05 in. I didn't notice any cap on data.

ScottPV

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I traveled a ton last year. Data in Europe was $69.99 per month, prorated for the time I was actually there. Calls were .99$ to $1.29 per minute depending on the country. pay the extra one-time $2.99 fee to get $.30 off or so per minute. Texts are like the other guy said, $.50 out, $.05 in. I didn't notice any cap on data.

This is what I just signed up for as well. I also got it unlocked for a local sim. I can forward my US number to the local sim number which has free incoming calls.

Scott

jaythagod

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you have your phone activated in the states before they mailed it to you? I bought one and got it in the mail today but it wasn't activated in the store and now it wont activate.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no need to "activate" it since the SIM card is what is activated for GSM use. When I get back to the states I will have to activate it though

jaythagod

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow. So I wonder whats wrong with mine. My phone wont get past the activation screen. It shows that its roaming and I even missed a call and got a few texts. Couldnt check it though . WTF. Any advice?

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I never had to do the *228, I just popped my old SIM in and started using it. Did you have international service activated in your account for the SIM card number in it?

jaythagod

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
i pretty much did the same as you did. I pulled the sim out of my droid 2 global and thought it would be fine. I even call the global department and they couldnt help. They said it looked like i would have to wait until i got home.

vitomins

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Better off just unlocking the SIM and throwing in a local SIM card wherever you travel. The International rates for Verizon are crazyyyyyy!