Accuweather Widget No Longer Updating - Problem Solved

joodyanne

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I too am having the same problem. It has not updated since July. I would prefer to use weatherzone anyway. Is it possible to delete one and put the other in its place - can you show me how?

my news (yahoo news) has also stopped in July - can this be fixed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ken Wayne

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Sounds to me like your weather widget is not functioning properly because it has no way of determining your present location. You may therefore have to reload a new weather widget that can determine your location.
Several years ago I had an older smart phone and downloaded from Google the free GPS Widget and followed the instructions as they were presented. Problem was corrected and solved!

Weltgeist13_Thomas

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
Julian assange stated the Govt. = Google.. It's noted that we owe credit to them for Linux. (I mean Google Android OS) So, why does accuwheather suck?!? ASK Google & their genius o_O & may the Force be with you..

Frank Papp

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is what solved it for me.

I had the same problem on my LG Stylo 4. Accuweather app and wiget wouldn't update. I kept hitting the refresh arrows on the wiget, and at some point there was a notification on the bottom of my screen "Cannot sync while battery saver is on". I turned it off and voila! Accuweather started syncing.

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
This is what solved it for me.

I had the same problem on my LG Stylo 4. Accuweather app and wiget wouldn't update. I kept hitting the refresh arrows on the wiget, and at some point there was a notification on the bottom of my screen "Cannot sync while battery saver is on". I turned it off and voila! Accuweather started syncing.

Took me a while to get a connection to Accuweather....Finally tried disconnecting the wi-fi and using the mobile connection (AT&T), and it magically started to work. Haven't figured out "why" yet, but at least it's a start.

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Took me a while to get a connection to Accuweather....Finally tried disconnecting the wi-fi and using the mobile connection (AT&T), and it magically started to work. Haven't figured out "why" yet, but at least it's a start.

UPDATE on the UPDATE:
It seems the only wi-fi network it will not work on is mine. If I connect to another wi-fi signal in my building, it will work. And will work on mobile. Anyone have any ideas? I have no other problems with with my wi[fi network...it will connect to everything else.