Constant rebooting. Why?

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me once now...

I'm assuming some sort of software issue.

If it does it more I'm going to try a hard reset.

As an update...I haven't had anymore reset since those 2 during first couple days. Not sure what changed. I didn't get rid of or install anything new since then. *fingers crossed*

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine did a random reboot once when I first got the phone. Never did it again either. Maybe it is some sort of automatic thing when it's turned on and activated?!

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine did a random reboot once when I first got the phone. Never did it again either. Maybe it is some sort of automatic thing when it's turned on and activated?!

Interesting. That could definitely be it. The phone may go through some sort of OTA updates that require reboots. You would think it would just politely ask you to reboot though.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I caught it as it was just finishing a reboot twice. I bet it happens more often than we know. It is no big deal for me a former crackberry user. The BB reboot took forever.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine has rebooted several times but I haven't paid much attention. Usually ill feel the vibe in my pocket as its starting back up. It boots up so quickly it doesn't usually bother me. That said, if it gets more frequent or if it happens when I'm actually using the phone, Verizon will be hearing about it.

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just started gett a bunch of random reboots. I havent installed anything new in the past few days. My signal strength is medium to strong (3-4 bars). Just astarted tonight out of the blue.

anon(9705)

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I just started gett a bunch of random reboots. I havent installed anything new in the past few days. My signal strength is medium to strong (3-4 bars). Just astarted tonight out of the blue.

That happened to be two days ago, but it hasn't done it since. It rebooted 3x in 20 minutes though the other night.

bcp0809

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I just contacted VZW about the rebooting issue and they are sending me a factory replacement. VZW rep said this was a known issue and that it was something in the phone settings. The rep went on to state there is not a known fix at this time. I hope this fixes the issue...

sevin8nin

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my Incredible since may 25th or so. The second week I had it I felt it vibrate.and saw it rooting and just thought "oh well."
My MOTO Droid cropped the bed by having the soft keys become unreaponaive. So I figured i'd upgrade.

However, the phone has reported once more since then, and then since Saturday i'be been in Michigan state and I've caught it rooting at least twice a day. Once while I was typing a text message.
I started reading these posts online and am increasingly worried. It took me an entire month to get my first Incredible. I don't want to start flying through replacements.

Is it possible that the 2.2 froyo update might address this?

sevin8nin

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my Incredible since may 25th or so. The second week I had it I felt it vibrate.and saw it rooting and just thought "oh well."
My MOTO Droid cropped the bed by having the soft keys become unreaponaive. So I figured i'd upgrade.

However, the phone has reported once more since then, and then since Saturday i'be been in Michigan state and I've caught it rooting at least twice a day. Once while I was typing a text message.
I started reading these posts online and am increasingly worried. It took me an entire month to get my first Incredible. I don't want to start flying through replacements.

Is it possible that the 2.2 froyo update might address this?

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine randomly rebooted early on when i first got it...then started doing it again like a month later. Only have had about 3 reboots so far and i got the phone when it first came out.

Can anyone confirm that a factory reset solves the issue?

bcp0809

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset did NOT fix the issue for me. I purchased mine the day it launched in Florida and I now live in SW Arizona. Tech support from VZW says it is a known issue and has no fix. The are sending me a "like new" phone.

bmxfreak995

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine has been re setting randomly about every other day. I live In Charlotte nc. Does it have something to do with north Carolina cause the person who just posted said they were from nc too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa