facebook?

bubbabeatz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
thats weird i noticed when you get a notification on the fb app, to reply to the notification you get sent to the mobile web, so gay

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Because you aren't getting a Facebook alert. You're just getting an email from Facebook, because you have Facebook configured to send you an email whenever you get new notifications. The email redirects you to Facebook's website, just like it would on a computer.

Far as I can tell, the Facebook app for the Droid OS does not have integrated notifications like the Blackberry app does. I wish it did, but it doesn't.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The FB app for Android has integrated notifications. The problem is that they rarely work. I've had two come through since Tuesday. Hopefully they fix it in a future release of the app.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one. I loved the BB app because it had the option to remove the messages from your mail server so my Gmail inbox wouldn't be flooded with messages. OH well. Come on Android!

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
ok so quick question, bb use to require the email notifications to trigger the app, does the android app work dif, like can i disable all the facebook email notifications and still get them on the app? o have yet to receive one notification.

also im using the htc facebook app, as is most i believe seeing as this is the one that is integrated with the contacts and everything

Last edited:

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I set up a gmail filter to label facebook emails and not have them hit the inbox. I can check the web for my FB updates but at least now it doesn't sound like I have an email.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
ok so quick question, bb use to require the email notifications to trigger the app, does the android app work dif, like can i disable all the facebook email notifications and still get them on the app? o have yet to receive one notification.

also im using the htc facebook app, as is most i believe seeing as this is the one that is integrated with the contacts and everything

no, if you turn off email notification, you will only get alerts for inbox messages, and a few other things, but no comments notifications.

the facebook app for android sucks pretty hard, you can't tag photos, get proper notifications, almost everything you click on just takes you to the touch mobile site, etc.

someday we'll get something that's at least as good as the blackberry app, and in a perfect world we'd get a port of the iphone app.

but for now, it is what it is. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty