Battery life not lasting? Your fix is in here

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Day one with the 1750 mAh battery, already a WORLD of a difference.

I take the phone off the charger at 6:00am.

Original Battery @ 7:00 am - ~85%
New Battery @ 7:00 am - 99%

Original Battery @ 8:00 - ~80%
New Battery @ 8:00 - 97%

Mind you, this is the first use since its initial 8 hour charge upon arrival, so I expect this battery life to get even better. Either way, it's a massive difference. I honestly think a lot of the issues I had with my original battery were due to the fact that I didn't do the initial full charge before use. One of my co-workers got the same phone, and his battery lasts twice as long as mine, and I'm pretty sure he did a full charge when he first got his phone.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I get my new battery soon. I didnt do the initial charge either. In 30 min I sent a text, checked FB, and downloaded the HTC battery widget to see if the data was the same as my other battery widget. And I'm at 90% already. I do have an app killer that doesnt seem to be doing anything so I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna let the OS do its job like I suspected anyways.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i would take auto-brightness off. i have mine set at 25%

i don't think that's my problem.

for example, i unplugged my phone today at 7:45am

as of now, with the phone being in standby with the screen off until 8:01 when i checked it, it's at 88%.

i want to give the group who green lit this design at HTC a battery enema. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bundy#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Started a post, but might as well add it here. Did you charge your phone before using it initially and what is your battery life like now? Just looking for "Yes/Good" or "Yes/Bad" or No/Good... TIA!

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Started a post, but might as well add it here. Did you charge your phone before using it initially and what is your battery life like now? Just looking for "Yes/Good" or "Yes/Bad" or No/Good... TIA!

No and my battery is just fine. (I know you asked for a simple answer but replies must be 10 characters min)
In addition, I must point out that I do not enthrall myself into this phone ALL DAY. I do browsing here and there, Facebook,peek into Marketplace here and there, LOTS of texting about 2-5 phone calls and my battery lasts the entire day right untill about 10-11pm when I go to sleep. As a side note, not that this proves anything, but I turn my device OFF, then charge it through the night. Compared to most people here I have had great luck with this battery.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Decided to try leaving it unplugged last night.

8 hours sleeping (airplane mode). Started with full charge. at 55% when I woke it up all usage from standby and idle.

I am less concerned about gps/apps sucking juice, now LOL.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Decided to try leaving it unplugged last night.

8 hours sleeping (airplane mode). Started with full charge. at 55% when I woke it up all usage from standby and idle.

I am less concerned about gps/apps sucking juice, now LOL.

There has to be some weird processes running in the background or something. So odd.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
guys it took my nexus one over 1 week before the battery leveled out and stabilized. for the first week, i would watch my nexus one battery drop from 95% to 80% in a matter of 30 minutes it seemed. just like you guys are experiencing. after about 2 weeks, it got much better. i guess its a combination of the battery taking longer to break in than most other batteries, plus the OS battery meter needs to be calibrated, so it probably takes a bunch of averages the more times you charge it, the more data points it has to make a good guess of the percentage.

just give it a week or so!

miked#AC

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing a bunch of tests with gmail to figure out how this setting affects mobile data. What I've found seems to explain why the reports are so varied.

What the always on data seems to do is shut off data after the phone has been asleep for a period of x (x is somewhere between 5-15 minutes). This means that gmail push will work for 5-15 minutes after you stop using the phone and then it will stop. Also when you turn the phone on again (hit the button to turn on the screen, don't need to go past the lock screen) it engages the data connections again and gmail will receive any updates. I have not yet tried an app which checks every x minutes to see if you have updates and if those notifications work.

So those who say push works and those who say it doesn't are both partially correct. But overall this option does break push since you won't get messages unless you use the phone.

One interesting thing this means is that if you are always checking your phone for messages or checking the time this option could have no effect on battery life, if the initial connect sequence takes more power than standby data you could actually reduce battery life by turning it on and off fairly often.

thecodeman25

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
guys it took my nexus one over 1 week before the battery leveled out and stabilized. for the first week, i would watch my nexus one battery drop from 95% to 80% in a matter of 30 minutes it seemed. just like you guys are experiencing. after about 2 weeks, it got much better. i guess its a combination of the battery taking longer to break in than most other batteries, plus the OS battery meter needs to be calibrated, so it probably takes a bunch of averages the more times you charge it, the more data points it has to make a good guess of the percentage.

just give it a week or so!

Thanks, this still gives me some hope. Just unplugged after full charge, made 2 minute phone call, and 3 text messages and im down to 90%

phone freak2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, this still gives me some hope. Just unplugged after full charge, made 2 minute phone call, and 3 text messages and im down to 90%

Hello in reading thiese post and like most am willing to try anything how do you turn the GPS off? This is my first Android phone. I am coming from BB as well as an EV touch so I may have lots of questions so thanks for the patience up front. I am as most of you tech savy and have figured alot out already on my own but still need some help:) I did just apply the so the fix that Sticky posted so anxious to wait and see but boy this battery is nothing like my BB or my touch:(

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The easiest way is to add a widget to turn the GPS on and off. The widgets you can add to do this is either the power control widget or the GPS widget under settings in the widgets menu.

phone freak2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks is there any other way to get to it with out adding a widget to home screen?
and is the GPS only for google maps? Why can i not see power options where all the other icons(widgets are on my home screen) once again sorry for sounding dumb first android phone

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks is there any other way to get to it with out adding a widget to home screen?
and is the GPS only for google maps? Why can i not see power options where all the other icons(widgets are on my home screen) once again sorry for sounding dumb first android phone

Menu button then Settings then click Locations. Uncheck the last box regarding GPS location.

and GPS is for Google Maps AND any program that wishes to use your location as a basis for updating/gathering information (Weather, Google Earth, Traffic apps, etc.. etc.)

I would just install the Widget if you plan on turning GPS on/off a lot. It's a lot easier.

I have Bluetooth, WiFi, Brightness, Ringer volume widgets on one of my home screens. Sure makes things quick and painless. I dont have one for GPS because I always want it on

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I let my phone drain to about 20% battery yesterday and charged it for about 9 hours.

yesterday i was averaging about 6.667% battery loss per hour. I had "enable all on" for 3/4 of the day.

Today i am averaging about 5.69% battery loss per hour. Ive had "enable always on" turned off all day.

A substantial increase in my opinion. Im gonna do my best to let the battery drain as much as possible before charging to basically condition it i guess.

And some nice power control widgets that i use are made by "Curvefish" in the marketplace. They have some very nice free widgets for almost everything, brightness, wifi, gps, bluetooth, ring/silent/vibrate etc.

Last edited:

phresh1

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Probably re-iterating what others already stated...
but first few days, i had my incredible, my battery would be less than 50% 3-4 hours into the day, and this was with wi-fi off, and GPS off and I fully charged battery on first day before using it. I was really annoyed. I even used Advanced Task Killer to kill applications.

Solutions:
1) wireless & network -> mobile network (2nd one) --> disable (uncheck) "enable always-on mobile data"
2) Accounts & Sync -> disable (uncheck) "Background data sync"
3) set Gmail to manually refresh or refresh only once a day.

Result: After 9 hours of use (phone calls, adding apps, texting) i have over 60% battery life. I can live with that. Moral of the story is, if you want your phone to constantly update you with emails and have all your applications syncing in the background, then YES, the battery will stink big time. But, if you are smart about the way you set up your phone, you can still utilize your phone whenever you want and have enough juice to last you the day.

Not sure if I'll need the extended 1750mah battery, but I might get it for days I'm traveling extensively and won't have time to re-charge my phone.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Probably re-iterating what others already stated...
but first few days, i had my incredible, my battery would be less than 50% 3-4 hours into the day, and this was with wi-fi off, and GPS off and I fully charged battery on first day before using it. I was really annoyed. I even used Advanced Task Killer to kill applications.

Solutions:
1) wireless & network -> mobile network (2nd one) --> disable (uncheck) "enable always-on mobile data"
2) Accounts & Sync -> disable (uncheck) "Background data sync"
3) set Gmail to manually refresh or refresh only once a day.

Result: After 9 hours of use (phone calls, adding apps, texting) i have over 60% battery life. I can live with that. Moral of the story is, if you want your phone to constantly update you with emails and have all your applications syncing in the background, then YES, the battery will stink big time. But, if you are smart about the way you set up your phone, you can still utilize your phone whenever you want and have enough juice to last you the day.

Not sure if I'll need the extended 1750mah battery, but I might get it for days I'm traveling extensively and won't have time to re-charge my phone.
to me this completely defeats the reason for the phone. No email, no weather no twitter...why get the phone then?

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
to me this completely defeats the reason for the phone. No email, no weather no twitter...why get the phone then?

exactly

I have no desire to pay $200+ for a phone and close to $90 a month for service and then have to deliberately NOT use the thing in order to save battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non