When I turn my phone off it resets wallpaper, and other things

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My phone has been doing this since I got it. If I turn it off using the power button, or some program causes it to shut down. My wallpaper resets and all the apps I have moved around go back to where they were, any changess I made to the phone reverts back.

I recently added handcent, last time I turned phone off, all the settings in handsent reverted back to default, I changed my browser to Dolphin HD, and moved the Android browser off my home screen, all that changed back.

I know about saving my screens in the settings-personalization- etc. but I don't understand why all this stuff defaults back when I shut the phone down.

I want to try the charging with the phone turned off trick discussed on another thread here, but I don't want to have to go all through my phone to redo all the settings to what I want them to be.

Sorry, cant edit the title of the thread, didn't notice my typing error till I posted it

Any ideas:confused:

Help:eek:

Last edited:

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
You have to save your scene.

Wait, so you save your scene, reboot the phone, and stuff's still gone?

I save my scene whenever I make a change. Sometimes when I reboot the phone for whatever reason, the background is different. But I've never had an app, or widget or any other setting change, just the background. and only sometimes. For the record, I use the Sense Live wallpaper.

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I do go and save the scene, and I am using one of the Live wallpapers that came on the phone ( the leaves floating in water)

It always reverts back to a reddish colored sunset wallpaper and my settings change. Everything doesn't dissappear, it just reverts back to default settings. I then have to go back through and find eveything and reset it all the way I wanted it.

It was annoying when I first got the phone, but now that I have been playing with it and setting it up the way I like, and figuring out all the ways I can customize it, this issue has become a real P.I.T.A.

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Joverman, was beginning to think I was the only one,a nd that was driving me nuts. LOL

Yes, please, some of you Android gods, please help

jorge7993

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
do a hard reset.thats how we fix a couple of incredibles that were having the same issue at our office.you shouldnt have to save the scene for the icons to stay and wallpaper.i never save them and they always stay the same

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue I did the hard reset but it didn't help I returned the phone and showed this to best buy they said was a bad phone and replaced it for the new phone doesn't do this anymore and I have better signal this phone works great so far

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
How do I perform a hard reset?

And , I assume I will lose everything on the phone when I do this, what is the best way to get it all back?

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
What is lockbot? I have not downloaded that app, unless it came with the phone originally. If so what does it do and if I delete it will it affect anything else, should I get a replacement app?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you do a factory reset you will lose all your 3rd party apps that you installed. After the reset just sign back in to Google to get you contacts and calendar events.

To do the reset go to setting>privacy>factory reset