Verizon rep says to stay away

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL what an effing idiot

gotta love those poorly trained grammar school drop out phone salesmen hahahhaha

sounds like he needs to educate himself before he tries to formulate and argument against this phone

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
He said what he said about the phone for one reason: the Incredible isn't in stock, and he wanted you to buy something today. The only problem I've had with the Incredible is the battery life, but since I've upgraded to the Seidio 1750 it's been much better, and when the even higher batteries come out I'm sure the problem will go away.

WoodiE55

May 18, 2010
Visit site
...but since I've upgraded to the Seidio 1750 it's been much better, and when the even higher batteries come out I'm sure the problem will go away.

Did you have to modify the phone to get a 1750 battery in the phone? How much did the battery cost you?

I'm really digging the android phones but I just hate to spend almost $200 on an Incredible only to have to spend more money just to make it last more than half a day. Or worse, start dropping phone calls like the rep said. :rolleyes:

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
He said what he said about the phone for one reason: the Incredible isn't in stock, and he wanted you to buy something today. The only problem I've had with the Incredible is the battery life, but since I've upgraded to the Seidio 1750 it's been much better, and when the even higher batteries come out I'm sure the problem will go away.

That is exactly right. The VZW store reps make commission. They want to push you into a product TODAY.

The incredible is the best phone I have touched in its first gen. It blows away Iphones and it makes Blackberries look like my grandma's Jitterbug.

Nothing is close to it, and its only going to get better with OTAs.

I have a friend who works as a Verizon sales person, but at a 3rd party place, not VZW owned place. He told me I was lucky to get my droid inc. The verizon rep told them they would see any in their store until August because of corporate demand and then gave them info on how to push moto droids instead-- e.g. the rapid price drop.

WoodiE55

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess that makes sense, him wanting to push another product since they don't have the Incredibles in stock - than again is the BB Bold 9650 even out yet?

One other point in regards to wanting to push another product, before I left (empty handed) he did say something about if I found a cheaper price on any phone they'd beat it, which I found funny as I've been a Verizon customer for the past 12 years and have no reason to leave now.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just sayin'. ;)

cr_droid_inc.png

The full summary, by the way is, "Summary: A smart phone with a touch-screen display and a solid set of e-mail tools, though it won't allow you to create or edit documents and spreadsheets. It has Bluetooth support for wireless hands-free communication, an 8.0-megapixel camera, and a music player. Navigation: finger-driven, multi-touch screen with optical joystick."

Last edited:

bigdds

May 3, 2010
Visit site
So the verizon rep just read about every review I've seen on the phone to you then? Bad battery life, only two bars, blah, blah blah lol.

Best phone I've ever owned is the Incredible, and I'm coming from a BB Tour as well.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Did you have to modify the phone to get a 1750 battery in the phone? How much did the battery cost you?

I'm really digging the android phones but I just hate to spend almost $200 on an Incredible only to have to spend more money just to make it last more than half a day. Or worse, start dropping phone calls like the rep said. :rolleyes:

You don't have to modify anything at all, just pop in the battery and you're good to go. It's $50 from seidio.com.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
come on guys its basic retail. why sell someone a phone that you don't have in stock? marketing 101: sell what you have on hand...

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what HTC thinks about verizon reps steering people away from their phone?

I went from MotoQ (original one) to BB Curve to BB Storm and now to the Incredible. I have never missed or dropped a call on the Incredible yet to date. I used to "miss" calls all the time on my Storm, but thats just because I couldn't feel it vibrate lol. But I've never really had any reception problems to speak of with any of these phones.

As for battery life. Well I've tryed a few things with my Incredible to try to figure it out as is documented in other threads. At this point, the phone works so well and the technological upgrade is so cool from any other phones I've had, that I don't care about the battery life anymore. I've removed all the battery meter apps, advanced task killer apps, etc.

The reason is clear to me now. Over the last 4 years of dealing with smartphones, one thing has been a common theme. If I use the thing a lot, playing with all the cool features and apps, surfing the web, emailing and taking pictures, listening to music, downloading apps and programs, etc....then by the end of the day I am plugging the thing in. Thats just how it is. If I use it sparingly just checking emails and replying, maybe going to the web for some news updates or whatnot, I can make it a whole day till I get home and not need to plug it in until bedtime. By the morning...it is charged.

The Incredible isn't any different for me in this fact either, even with the stock battery, with all the bluetooth and wifi and gps running in the background. I will say that it "seems" to perform better if your charge it while its off, but it still could just be placebo effect. I'm tired of worrying about it. My Q, Storm, Curve...none of them ever had a marked improvement of battery life over this phone, I plugged them all in when I got home just the same.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
besides for the battery life not lasting as long as my BB did (could be i use my incredible way more). i would say that rep is a moron.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't noticed a difference in reception between the tour and inc. but the battery life is much better on the tour. I would still recommend the inc over the tour even if you need to carry an extra battery its much faster and up to date unlike the bb.

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
On a side note - is there a case for the Incredible that will put it to sleep similar to what Blackberry?

I doubt it. BB had a magnetic switch located at the bottom of the device and so did the sleeve. When they contacted each other, this turned the device off.

rmb#AC

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a Tour, and ordered my Inc a few days ago. I am used to getting a couple days on one charge as well. I would be happy to get only one day out of a single charge with the Inc. Would it be necessary to get the bigger Sedio battery?

@ "rmb": what tweaks did you do?

The best tip IMHO is to turn the wifi setting to "never". (It was in a blog post sometime last week on this site. I am not skilled enough to link it here.) That way the phone locks onto the signal and is not searching for a signal every time you turn on your screen. It sounds counter intuitive but works great for me. I have wifi at home and in the office so majority of my day it is connected to wifi. Not as much of a drain as 3G.

I have GPS turned off. Don't use it much anyways. That might change with longer battery life. I don't have a Facebook account or use anything that runs much in the background outside of the native weather app and pop email accounts. Also, turned down the brightness.

With ALL of that being said, I am probably going to buy the bigger Sedio battery today. I want to use this thing to its full potential and not worry about finding a place to charge.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I stopped by a local Verizon store here in town over the weekend and was looking at changing my service plan to add my fiance to my account. While I was there they told me I was eligible for an upgrade. I'm currently using the BB Tour and over all am happy with it, though I REALLY hate the trackball.

At any rate I asked about the Incredible and the Verizon sales rep didn't have much good to say about it. First he said they had a few issues at first, but didn't go into detail and said they was out of stock until June sometime, he also mentioned a number of customers complaining about reception. He said even his own manager on a telephone conference said he was surprised he was still connected because his Incredible has been having a horrid time with reception. The last thing the Verizon sales rep said was that battery life gets drained very quickly with the Incredible.

Have anyone else experienced these types of issues? I like the large touch screen of the incredible and all the software apps available. However I need a phone with a decent life span, at the least all day before needing a recharge.

I'm curious if I should just upgrade to the BB Bold 9650 with the trackpad and just skip the Incredible all together. If the Bold is anything like my Tour I'll be able to get 2-3 days out of the battery life with little use and have perfect reception.

Your thoughts?

Sounds like he was trying to sell you a phone that he actaully had in stock. What a scumbag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress