HTC Incredible vs. Motorola Droid Xtreme

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I plan to just sell my INC on secondary market. Should be able to nab close to $500 for it. That puuts me well on my way to the upgrade since I'd have to buy the X at retail price.

True. I'd just rather stick it out.

I'm an iPod junkie (I know, not the forum) so I'll get the iPod touch G4 in September. That with the phone usually holds me over.

But I guess I could look into doing that. $500? When are you planning on selling it?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Very soon. Was hoping I could snag a cheap eris to use as an in between device but they are selling for ~200 second hand.

If I sell it looks like it will be a brutal dumphone month ahead for me and no texting ,as I use GV. Will go back to the stone ages when people use to actually sue their phone to talk to one another. The good old days.

I guess I'm putting all my eggs in one basket for the X though. It better be as good as hyped if I do sell the inc. There will be buyers remorse, just as when I sold off my Droid, and I will probably look to sell off the X within a few months once the 'NEXT' device is released.

I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Very soon. Was hoping I could snag a cheap eris to use as an in between device but they are selling for ~200 second hand.

If I sell it looks like it will be a brutal dumphone month ahead for me and no texting ,as I use GV. Will go back to the stone ages when people use to actually sue their phone to talk to one another. The good old days.

I guess I'm putting all my eggs in one basket for the X though. It better be as good as hyped if I do sell the inc. There will be buyers remorse, just as when I sold off my Droid, and I will probably look to sell off the X within a few months once the 'NEXT' device is released.

I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game.

You're a winner at a loser's game. Lol :p

But yeah, I was about to say, if you are hoping for $500 it would have to be soon.

Anyways, to each his own. I'd rather just stick with something I know works, until I can upgrade at the subsidized price again. Its cheaper, and I don't have to stick with an old dumbphone (which wouldn't work, because the only one I've got has been submerged in water I don't know how many times). Plus, I'm looking to use GV for texting, and you can't do that on dumbphones, like you said.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You're a winner at a loser's game. Lol :p

But yeah, I was about to say, if you are hoping for $500 it would have to be soon.

Anyways, to each his own. I'd rather just stick with something I know works, until I can upgrade at the subsidized price again. Its cheaper, and I don't have to stick with an old dumbphone (which wouldn't work, because the only one I've got has been submerged in water I don't know how many times). Plus, I'm looking to use GV for texting, and you can't do that on dumbphones, like you said.

My next subsidized price is ~2years from now. No way I'm keeping the phone that long. I'm already struggling with just one month's ownership. I'm also on the lookout for a dirt cheap dumbphone. < 10. I expect to be laughed at while using it. I'll take a phone with the battery case missing, I dont care.

The X's larger screen, non iphone looking design, and the hdmi out makes me think it would be a fine upgrade. The missing front facing camera could sway me away but I suppose thats not a necessity right now anyways. Hopefully I can keep the X for at least 2 months before jumping ship. These companies need to slow down the market release times. Feel like I'm in a race with time.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
My next subsidized price is ~2years from now. No way I'm keeping the phone that long. I'm already struggling with just one month's ownership. I'm also on the lookout for a dirt cheap dumbphone. < 10. I expect to be laughed at while using it. I'll take a phone with the battery case missing, I dont care.

The X's larger screen, non iphone looking design, and the hdmi out makes me think it would be a fine upgrade. The missing front facing camera could sway me away but I suppose thats not a necessity right now anyways. Hopefully I can keep the X for at least 2 months before jumping ship. These companies need to slow down the market release times. Feel like I'm in a race with time.

I'll find a way to get a new phone in a year or so.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll find a way to get a new phone in a year or so.

would really like to do also but I feel the INC looks to iphoneish.

Goes against my core values... I need to dispose of this phone as quickly as possible.

Plus I'm a man. This seems like a girls phone. Would definitely be a good phone for a wife or girlfriend. Kick ass Android device but way too tiny for a man to be holding.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
would really like to do also but I feel the INC looks to iphoneish.

Goes against my core values... I need to dispose of this phone as quickly as possible.

Plus I'm a man. This seems like a girls phone. Would definitely be a good phone for a wife or girlfriend. Kick ass Android device but way too tiny for a man to be holding.

Lol, I'm fine with the size/looks.

It does look iPhone-ish. But I think the red makes it look edgier.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I'm fine with the size/looks.

It does look iPhone-ish. But I think the red makes it look edgier.

I know I'm quite picky. If the screen sized were the same and if it had no hdmi out, 'I d be less likely to switch.

My realization that it is iphoneish just gives me more incentive to upgrade. I know not to get attached to any handset because of the way things are moving.

It makes them difficult because if I constantly swap, I can't afford to buy accessories as the phone's ownership will only be for a few months.

C'est la vie d'Android

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I know I'm quite picky. If the screen sized were the same and if it had no hdmi out, 'I d be less likely to switch.

My realization that it is iphoneish just gives me more incentive to upgrade. I know not to get attached to any handset because of the way things are moving.

It makes them difficult because if I constantly swap, I can't afford to buy accessories as the phone's ownership will only be for a few months.

C'est la vie d'Android

Lol, I try to keep my phone upgrade to ~1 a year, for this reason. It gets expensive.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

C'est la vie d'Android

how often are you, or anyone, really going to use hdmi out??

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

That's exactly what I've been thinking when I saw it had an HDMI out. I don't think I would ever use that, I guess some would use it to watch movies off it? Eck. Or maybe view photos? Eck.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how often I'd use it because I've never had a phone that does hdmi out. If it is functional and allows video playback then maybe a lot. If I'm over friends place and I want to show them youtube vids or even better yet streaming live video then maybe very often.

Their is a lot of possibility. I'm certainly looking forward to having the capabilities.

Also i dislike your reasoning as it is very similar to iphoners who claim flash is irrelevant and that they don't need it and no one uses flash that much. They are missing the point. It's about having the option to do so.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The larger screen is certainly tempting, but unless Motorola has vastly improved the typing experience, this may be not be the phone that competes well with the Incredible.

The Sense overlay on the DI gave it (IMO) a much better and more accurate typing experience. When I demoed the first Droid in the store, I couldn't type worth sh*t on the virtual or physical keyboard. The first time I tried the DI, I could type fast and accurate.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The larger screen is certainly tempting, but unless Motorola has vastly improved the typing experience, this may be not be the phone that competes well with the Incredible.

The Sense overlay on the DI gave it (IMO) a much better and more accurate typing experience. When I demoed the first Droid in the store, I couldn't type worth sh*t on the virtual or physical keyboard. The first time I tried the DI, I could type fast and accurate.

the sense keyboard is available for all android phones for free. i've been using the HTC keyboard on my nexus and i agree the sense keyboard is just a million times better than the stock keyboard.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how often I'd use it because I've never had a phone that does hdmi out. If it is functional and allows video playback then maybe a lot. If I'm over friends place and I want to show them youtube vids or even better yet streaming live video then maybe very often.

Their is a lot of possibility. I'm certainly looking forward to having the capabilities.

Also i dislike your reasoning as it is very similar to iphoners who claim flash is irrelevant and that they don't need it and no one uses flash that much. They are missing the point. It's about having the option to do so.

when does it get to the point that you'd actually have to use the option for it to become viable?

i have that option on my digital camera, have never used it. i'm guessing 8 out of 10 people dont care/would never use it

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i have that option on my digital camera, have never used it. i'm guessing 8 out of 10 people dont care/would never use it

does your camera have an option to play flash video or other internet streaming video? If not, I'm guessing 8 out of 10 people would find your post/analogy irrelevant.

Sorry for the dig but you left yourself wide open. :)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
does your camera have an option to play flash video or other internet streaming video? If not, I'm guessing 8 out of 10 people would find your post/analogy irrelevant.

Sorry for the dig but you left yourself wide open. :)

no my camera obviously does not have those options. i was simply saying that i (and I'm sure I am not the only one) already have a piece of equipment with the HDMI out feature that I never use (again, I'm sure I'm not the only one).

you call that a dig? i bet 8 out of 10 people wouldnt think that was a dig....

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Current HTC INCREDIBLE owner

You are all in denial if you think the Droid X won't be the hottest Android phone out in the market once its released. I think the Incredible will just be a blip on the radar and the X will be the must have phone.

The Incredible will appeal to women who want a small chic iphone like device. Nothing gets me angrier or more dismayed when showing off the Incredible and iphoners respond by saying 'oh it's like my iphone'.

I personally want a more manly device and happy with any shape that distinguishes it from the iphone. I detest anyone making the claim my phone looks like an iphone clone.

I dont wana wear an netbook on my belt or clip on my pocket tho :p

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Inc all the way

I would not hold out for the new MOTO Droid simply because I don't like sliders. Which is the reason it took me so long to find a phone to replace my storm. I wanted a Droid pretty bad when they first came out until I played with it in the store a found out it was a slider. The Inc has been the perfect phone for me. I couldn't be happier. ;)

Aaron