Ghost in my Machine

asp1981

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

Today my Incredible started swiping to the left without my touching the screen. It also seems to register "ghost" presses in other menus as well. Has anyone encountered this? Thank you for your help!

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

Today my Incredible started swiping to the left without my touching the screen. It also seems to register "ghost" presses in other menus as well. Has anyone encountered this? Thank you for your help!

Problem with the trackpad. My Incredible I bought at release had that problem. I sent it back and got it swapped with another one. No problems here after I got rid of that one.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

Mine did that a while back and all I had to do was clean the optical track button and it fixed it. I must have had something on my finger when I touched it (I was eating fries so it was probably grease) caused it to continue moving the screen to the right.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine did that a while back and all I had to do was clean the optical track button and it fixed it. I must have had something on my finger when I touched it (I was eating fries so it was probably grease) caused it to continue moving the screen to the right.

I don't know. I cleaned mine everytime and the problem would just come back. It happened everyday for about 3 weeks until I couldnt take it anymore. Since i've received my replacement Incredible there has been no problem like that. Could be coincidence, but going from that exact problem everyday (multiple times a day) to it not even happening once on my new phone doesn't seem like a coincidence. Though it could have been my individual phone, who knows. Just my experience.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine did that too yesterday for about 30 min. I cleared my text messages and it hasnt done it since. Whats strange is I only had texts from one person and only about 10-15. I was under the impression there had to be a huge amount residing in there for that to happen. I didnt have very many I assume that's either not the case or my issue was something else. It hasnt happened since I did that yet...

Last edited:

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I also had that problem a few days ago and played with the track pad a little and it hasn't come back since. FWIW, alcohol swabs make a great cleaner for the track pad.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Exactly what I did. Mine freaked out on occasion when I first got it. Now when I clean the screen I clean the trackball (optical joystick) too and haven't had the issue since.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My Droid 2 has the same issues. It goes wacky with the machine auto selecting items. It moves around the unlock screen, selects programs at random, starts typing with the onscreen keyboard, even deletes emails. It appears to be random ghost selections. It lasted for about an hour or so today. Right now, the ghost seems to be in hiding and all is back to normal.