Verizon Pricing? Incredible- $199 or $299 in store

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If I go to my local Verizon store, what is the cost of the Droid Incredible? Do I pay $299 up front and then I'm sent a $100 rebate? Or do I just pay $199 on the spot? And is it the same price in-store as online? Because the website makes it seem as if $199 is a special online deal. Thanks.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It depends on if you are a new customer or upgrading with a New Every Two.
In the store, you will pay $299 up front but get $100 mail in rebate. Online, it costs $299 but you get a $100 online discount plus $100 new every two discount (if eligible). The online discounts are instant rebates. That's how I got my Incredible. I bought it online with my NE2 and got it for only $99.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The NE2 depends on the type of phone you are switching from. I switched over from a dumbphone, so I only had a $50 NE2 credit. If you are switching from a smartphone, its typically $100.

To add to your question, Best Buy sells the phone for $199 (they include the rebate into their price), but they DO NOT participate in the NE2 program.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The NE2 depends on the type of phone you are switching from. I switched over from a dumbphone, so I only had a $50 NE2 credit. If you are switching from a smartphone, its typically $100.

To add to your question, Best Buy sells the phone for $199 (they include the rebate into their price), but they DO NOT participate in the NE2 program.

I just called Best Buy, and they said that if I can prove that I am eligible for NE2, they will honor it.

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm in the middle of my contract with Verizon. I have one year left with my Blackberry and it costs $100 to terminate my contract. However, I want an Incredible because I'm so fed up with this blackberry. What is my cheapest option to achieve this? Is it cheapest to cancel my plan for $100 and then sign a new contract with Verizon and get the Incredible ?

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site

That's interesting cause I upgraded from the LG Voyager (which I don't think is even close to be considered a smart phone) and got the $100 NE2. I was surprised cause I was expecting 50.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting cause I upgraded from the LG Voyager (which I don't think is even close to be considered a smart phone) and got the $100 NE2. I was surprised cause I was expecting 50.

Its considered a multimedia phone (internet-enabled, email, etc), thus why you got the $100 I believe.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just called Best Buy, and they said that if I can prove that I am eligible for NE2, they will honor it.

First I've ever heard of that. I had a friend who tried it, and Best Buy kept saying they couldn't do it. But, regardless, how would you prove it?

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm in the middle of my contract with Verizon. I have one year left with my Blackberry and it costs $100 to terminate my contract. However, I want an Incredible because I'm so fed up with this blackberry. What is my cheapest option to achieve this? Is it cheapest to cancel my plan for $100 and then sign a new contract with Verizon and get the Incredible ?

You wouldn't be terminating your contract. You'd be switching devices on your existing contract. And more than likely extending your contract as well.

My NE2 from my Storm 1 ( :eek: ) was Dec 6, 2010. I got the Inc on launch day for $299 and was eligible for the $100 rebate as well. My NE2 effective date is now Dec 29, 2011.

This was all done inside a corporate store, not an authorized reseller. And management of each store can decide whether or not they want to extend this courtesy to you. However, of the three corp locations near me, I've never had anything but the highest level of customer service. Maybe not always the most knowledgeable salespeople, though. :D

Also, will Verizon split a family plan (I'm currently on one with my sister), into two separate plans? Or is there a fee to do this?

This may be harder to do, but it again depends on the management of that particular store. However, if you do try to go this route, do so quickly. It's rumored that VZW is changing their data to tiered plans, and you will likely want to be in before the change.

hlmyers

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Incredible in an interesting way. I received a bulk mail postcard from Verizon saying I could instantly upgrade my Blackberry Pearl to, among others, an Incredible. I thought this was odd as I still hand ELEVEN months left on my contract! I grabbed the phone and called them and all but asked WTF? The lady confirmed that yes, I was indeed eligible for the offer, and, oh by the way, the total price was $149.99 delivered! As I have been lusting for an Incredible since it was released I took them up on the offer. I had to wait a month and it arrived on the date promised, July 12.

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You wouldn't be terminating your contract. You'd be switching devices on your existing contract. And more than likely extending your contract as well.

My NE2 from my Storm 1 ( :eek: ) was Dec 6, 2010. I got the Inc on launch day for $299 and was eligible for the $100 rebate as well. My NE2 effective date is now Dec 29, 2011.

This was all done inside a corporate store, not an authorized reseller. And management of each store can decide whether or not they want to extend this courtesy to you. However, of the three corp locations near me, I've never had anything but the highest level of customer service. Maybe not always the most knowledgeable salespeople, though. :D

This may be harder to do, but it again depends on the management of that particular store. However, if you do try to go this route, do so quickly. It's rumored that VZW is changing their data to tiered plans, and you will likely want to be in before the change.

THANKS for the help!

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
A tech at VZW told me to tell Customer Service i really wanted to upgrade but couldnt afford the phone and they will make it cheaper. I did that they took $50 off the phone plus my $50 new every 2. Then i told them that customer service said i can get online pricing in the store and the manager gave me the 199 price so i got the phone for 100 bucks outta pocket

Kristina0279

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine online using the new 2 credit and it was $99 I also used the promo code smart30 and got another $30 off. So I ended up paying a little over $70 with tax. Not sure if that code is still working as it was a little over a month ago.