Caller ID sometimes not working after 2.2 update

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Caller ID sometimes not working after 2.2 update on my Dinc.

I have people who are stored in my address book and I have noticed that I am having an intermittent problem with caller ID.

Sometimes my Dinc will recognize the person from my address book and display their name and picture and other times, it only shows the phone # and no other indentifying info. It seems to be isolated to 2-3 individuals.

I didn't have this issue before the 2.2 update. I have already wiped my phone once and reinstalled 2.2, but still have the issue.

I thought about just deleting, then recreating the contact for the contacts that are affected, to see if this solves the problem.

Also, when I create a new contact.... I have 2 choices....to create it under my "google" acct. or to create it under "phone."

Anyone know which is the best one to choose ?

Anyone else have issues with caller ID being inconsistent since 2.2 ??

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You should pull out the battery with the phone on to see if this resolve the problem if not delete the contact affected and you most create any new contact under Google address book , because it will sync with your gmail account and will keep a back online accessible through your account.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
You should pull out the battery with the phone on to see if this resolve the problem if not delete the contact affected and you most create any new contact under Google address book , because it will sync with your gmail account and will keep a back online accessible through your account.

Ok, thanks, for the advice !

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
still having trouble with caller ID on Froyo 2.2

still having trouble with caller ID on Froyo 2.2

Well, the problem went away for a few weeks, now it is back. I can't seem to detect any pattern. Maybe on 2 out of 10 calls, my dinc can't provide caller ID information, even though the contact is in my address book.

Sometimes for the same person, it will provide caller ID and at other times, it will not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem since installing 2.2 ???

I haven't had the chance to delete and re-add the affected contacts.

I am wondering if there is an easier fix ??

Other than problems with caller ID, 2.2 seems to be working pretty well on my Incredible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have same problem with froyo 2.2 and call waiting not displayed at random for an incoming call. I am using exchange.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have same problem with froyo 2.2 and call waiting not displayed at random for an incoming call. I am using exchange.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback...sounds like others have the same issue. Mine is random as well. Sometimes caller ID will work for one person and for the same person, it won't work on a subsequent call.

I have heard the first thing to try is deleting and re-adding people to the address book, but I haven't had the time to do that yet.

Does anyone know of a fix that doesn't involve deleting then re-adding people in the address book ??

domeboy

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Do the contacts you r having problems with have multiple phone numbers? If so, try changing the default phone number for the contact. Not sure it is new with 2.2, but it looks like it defaults to mobile number. If yo get a call from the contact on the non-default number caller I'd doesn't show name, etc.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Do the contacts you r having problems with have multiple phone numbers? If so, try changing the default phone number for the contact. Not sure it is new with 2.2, but it looks like it defaults to mobile number. If yo get a call from the contact on the non-default number caller I'd doesn't show name, etc.

Good point, but for me... people usually call me from their mobile #'s and that is where caller ID works sometimes and sometimes not..

It's crazy a caller could call me from their mobile at noon and I may not see caller ID, then the same caller calling me again from their mobile 10 minutes later will show their caller ID.

Doesn't seem to be any rhym or reason that I can see.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i have the same issue. what sucks even more, after i have this issue, my call log will also log that call separately as coming from an Unknown person instead of grouping it properly with my proper contact. seems like a bug with 2.2

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
i have the same issue. what sucks even more, after i have this issue, my call log will also log that call separately as coming from an Unknown person instead of grouping it properly with my proper contact. seems like a bug with 2.2

Same exact situation with me.

Where are the solutions... can anyone offer suggestions..... ??

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else still having problems with caller ID, post 2.2 Froyo update. I started a service ticket with Verizon, we'll see if they respond. I am seeing this problem in other blogs, as well.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a fix, this is driving me crazy !!!

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I submitted a trouble ticket to Verizon and sounds like they are working on a fix (hopefully).

Verizon Wireless is aware of this issue and we are working diligently around the clock to get this matter resolved. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a time frame when we will have a software to resolve this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused.

After explaining that we are working to resolve this issue, thank you for your patience. Again, my name is Jay and I appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail:
wfmweirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok folks, is anyone else getting sick of this caller ID issue, or is it affecting just a small # of us ??

I have sent email to Verizon customer support. They said that they are working on it. However, I think the more people complain the fast it will get resolved.

Here's the link to contact VZW

Set Your Location

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
+1. I 'm wondering if it has anything to do to have the contacts being linked with my gmail account? But I just noticed this happening over the past couple of weeks.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
+1. I 'm wondering if it has anything to do to have the contacts being linked with my gmail account? But I just noticed this happening over the past couple of weeks.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that would be the issue. I have always had my contacts linked with my google account. I started noticing inconsistent caller ID performance the day I installed Froyo 2.2.

Verizon sent me an email that they are aware of the problem and are "working on it.." whatever that means.

I would expect more people to be complaining about this issue. I am wondering if there is an app. that those of us who are having the problem all have on our phones that could be causing the problem....just a thought ?