File Management

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, I did a search but didn't come up with anything on this topic - but I'm used to managing devices at the file level, or at least knowing what's there and where I can find key files pertaining to music, pics, downloads, documents, apps, system, etc. Using a file manager, I've noticed that my Driod Incredible has a nasty file structure, made worse by some additional apps that do their own thing.

Is there a app or maybe just a guide to the Driod Incredible file structure so I know what I can screw around with or stay away from?

Otherwise, how do you organize and then find your junk?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't touch any of you system files on the phone.

I have a few files set up on my sdcard like media with sub folders (notifications, ringtones, music, docks, wallpapers, icons, and movies) and one with my name with sub folders (work and personal documents) this is the same as my laptop so syncing them is as easy as dragging and dropping. If I download anything on the phone I just move the file from the download file to where ever I want it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can check out Astro File manager and ADO File Manager in the market - they are both free. They will allow you to look around the file structure and move user accessible files around (Pics, Videos, ect).

Root Explorer is another good one but it costs money in the market and you need to be rooted to take full advantage of it.

I have my camera set to save pics on the SD card by default. Any music on the phone itself is also on my computer so I don't worry about it.

I haven't bothered moving any apps to the SD card because with 8gb of internal storage, I have more on the phone then on my SD card! ;)

Hope this helps.