Ugh. Leaving DInc for TMobile HTC MyTouch4g

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
My company is changing from the big V to T-Mobile. Ugh.

I now have a DInc but will be getting the MyTouch4G.

I spent a lot of time customizing my phone (non-rooted) and I would like to transfer as much of the settings as easily as possible to the new phone.

Is there any easy way to do this rather than the App Brain transfer?

Will a DInc root backup be able to be installed on a TM MT4G?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You wouldn't be able to use a rooted backup between the two. Only thing I would restore would your apps in App Brain. There might be better or easier that I don't know of thou.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree - a fresh install of your apps is the best way. Trying to backup and restore your settings to a different phone would be a debacle at best. Your dealing with Apples and Oranges (pun sort of intended) ;)

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought wouldn't rooted on old and new with Titanium backup and the same memory card with the TB images not work? I mean they are both HTC and should have close if not the same file systems and operations as far as file paths go. Not sure i don't have the mytouch to test but thought id throw it out there as far as apps go.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What serious company switches from Verizon to T-Mobile? I guess the owners want their kids to talk for free next year. :p

That is a little out there guy, I bet it is to increase the bottom line, tmo has great business packages. I wouldn't use them unless the black and red were to close on a monthly basis.