Any INC users with Logitech Revue

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I got one for Christmas and have been playing on it non stop for a while now. In fact, as I type this I am watching Fox NFL pregame in the lower left of the screen on my TV. The Google TV app sync'd right up with my DInc no problem. I am having a hard time seeing what sucks about it... If you have a Netflix account this thing is money!

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for either the Market or hacked version.

It's exactly what I expected it to be, not sure what people thought it would be. If you want cheap, get a Roku.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Id love to get one but it is at least $100 overpriced. Drop it under $200 and there will be a lot more takers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i got one as a gift myself. i don't think i would have bought it on my own though. that's mainly because i have some car parts i'd rather spend the money on. however, i'm thoroughly enjoying it as i normally sit and fiddle with my slow ass laptop while watching tv. anybody have any ideas on what they'd like to see come from it?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding google wants to put the marketing place on Google TV, but apparently it's not ready yet.

Now guys/gals google does want to refine their software for Google TV, in fact Google is asking manufactures to hold off on annoucing google tv hardware at CES 2011.

Google Asks Manufacturers to Hold Off on Google TV Debut at CES

Gives me the impression that Google is really trying to make this right.

So if I had a logitech revue lets say, I wouldn't toss the box just yet. I would like to see what google has in store for google tv down the road, post CES 2011.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the POTENTIAL of GoogleTV in general and the Logitech Revue in particular. Like some of the other posters in this thread, I'm not sure people are getting the correct impression of it; they think it means free content and cable cord-cutting. That it's supposed to work best in conjuction with a television service is lost on some people.

Despite the lack of access to network shows, I've found more than enough content online to hold my interest. Pay for Netflix, like we do, and it's even better. The new Netflix app works far better than the one on my Sony Blu-Ray (non-GoogleTV).

For everyone who connects a laptop to their TVs, I have to ask: Do you scooch your chair right over to the TV or do you have a very long HDMI cord?

TJH

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
For everyone who connects a laptop to their TVs, I have to ask: Do you scooch your chair right over to the TV or do you have a very long HDMI cord?
TJH

Wait what? Set your laptop by your tv and plug it in with a hdmi cable, go to netflix.com and sign in. Find a movie you want to see and click play. Your now watching a movie on netflix.com on your tv. You don't have to move the tv, your not watching your laptop, you don't got to move any thing, just watch tv like you normally do.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Setting my laptop by the tv and plugging it in every time I want to watch Netflix seems like a pain in the butt. I just open my google tv app on my phone and navigate to what I want to watch on the Netfilx app on the TV. I may be wrong, but that just seems easier than going to get my laptop, plugging it in to the tv, changing the input, signing in to Netflix.... blah blah blah. Grab phone, watch movie. Couldn't be easier.

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I turn on the tv I sometimes get this grainy colorful overlay. The first time it was the whole screen and my wife called me. I had her disconnect the hdmi between revue and cable box to go straight to tv. That cleared it and when I got home, it was there again once connected. I got it to clear by unplugging the whole revue but then had to do the whole set up again. Now I get it in a small area of the tv. It only happens on live tv. To clear it now, I just go into netflix application and come back to live tv. Any ideas what it is? I don't want it harming the tv.

Also, is there no power button on the revue? Am I missing something?

IMAG0045.jpg

Last edited:

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
this is probably better off in an AV forum but does anybody notice interference in their TV since getting the revue? The picture in different areas at different times messes up or gets a line through it and then stops. not pixelation either.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Wait what? Set your laptop by your tv and plug it in with a hdmi cable, go to netflix.com and sign in. Find a movie you want to see and click play. Your now watching a movie on netflix.com on your tv. You don't have to move the tv, your not watching your laptop, you don't got to move any thing, just watch tv like you normally do.

But that brings up still more questions: If your laptop isn't fully charged do you tote along the power cord and stretch that across the room to the nearest outlet that isn't taken up with all your A/V equipment? What if the phone rings and you need to pause it? I guess you can toss some socks at the laptop and hope you hit the pause button.

Of course I'm being sarcastic here, but my point is valid: Hooking up a laptop to the TV isn't a great solution to the problem. Better support for GoogleTV is the answer and I think it's going to be great in 2011.

Remember, us Revue owners are early adopters. There were bound to be growing pains.

TJH