Camera is glitching

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Droid Incredible for about a week now, and I've had no problems until today. Today the camera app has started flickering every few seconds while its open. It goes black for a second and cancels any changes I've made, resets the white balance, etc. It is keeping me from being able to take any photos or videos. If it happens while recording, the video is cancelled and not saved. I've rebooted my phone and cleared the camera data, but neither solved the issue. The camera was working fine the night before. Does anyone know why it started doing this or any way to fix it? Or a third party camera app I could try?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have done everything except doing a factory reset which is a little work since it wipes your phone clean. I use Vignette and it can take pictures among many other things but there is a cost for the app.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The stock camera app is not the greatest - I had various issues with it as well and also switched to Vignette. Very good and stable camera app. Well worth the $5 or so (it was 2.99 pounds). There is also a free demo version to try it first.