Phone/SD card issues

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So I restored from a previous back up, was having issues with MIUI. So right as I get back into things my SD card pops up with a message saying SD card damaged may need a reformate. I reformate the SD card, and now my phone's in a constant reboot and I can't get it back on. My guess is because I don't have an SD card it won't boot correct?

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Take the battery out and leave it without for 10min or so and then put it back on and try again, see what happens. Is the back of the DInc hot? could be overheating or something. Also mSD has nothing to do with it as phones can still bootup without needing to mount mSD even if its installed in device.

My guess is since you said you restored from some backup the data could have been corrupted somewhere. So you get to bootscreen and it keeps rebooting? or you can access OS at some point?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
No the phone doesn't get hot, the backup restored fine. I was playing with the phone, updating apps and everything worked fine. It just continues to load the ultimate droid (droid x) boot sequence. Nothing happens, leaving battery out now, let's see what happens.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So you were going about with your Biz and it randomly rebooted? and ever since its stuck on the bootloop? You can't enter bootloader?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
No I rebooted it myself thinking there was just a bug with the SD card or something. Now it just won't boot I can get into recovery and all that just fine, just won't actually boot into the OS.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
New phone? how long you had it? Well if your data is backed up hopefully in mSD, why don't you do hard reset? If nothing else works do master reset by formatting everything the system, cache do full wipe. Then download the stock image and install it via mSD, hopping that its not hardware issue as if its software issue it will be taken care of.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
WTF no you can't boot thats the issue, if mSD is even damaged or not even present it will still boot. Now try hard reset by clearing the storage from bootloader. Vol up + power? clear storage.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Cleared the storage, continues to constantly load the boot sequence. God damnit this blows lol I imagine my best option is to borrow a SD card, and go about the unrooting method?

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm odd, this is new phone? do software check first by stock image if it still happens you can rule out software related issues then you know its hardware. I say go download stock image from XDA and install it via another mSD.

Reactions: Mordecaidrake

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So I restored from a previous back up, was having issues with MIUI. So right as I get back into things my SD card pops up with a message saying SD card damaged may need a reformate. I reformate the SD card, and now my phone's in a constant reboot and I can't get it back on. My guess is because I don't have an SD card it won't boot correct?

It almost sounds like your Nandroid was bad. Can you access the sd card in Clockwork? Do you have copies of your nandroids on your computer? You may want to flash a different backup and see if it that fixes it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mordecaidrake

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The phone is about a month old, my previous one's display broke, it was weird. My guess is my recovery was bad, my SD card broke during a recovery. I can access Clockwork, I'm going to go buy a new SD card and reflash my ROM, see if that does it. If not then I've got to try to get it back to stock so I can bring it back to Verizon for a new one :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo