Incredible Mistakes....

Cline5822

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My first Incredible was just replaced after 5 months do to technical issues such as:

Force closing mms/sms: It wouldn't let me text anyone it would just force close for no reason (ALL the time)

Big/Small Keyboard: when you opened an email or text the keyboard would be huge then it would shrink to normal size but it was always iffy on whether or not it would type anything.

NO signal: For the first 2-3 months signal was fine. Then all of a sudden it couldn't get signal anymore (even in my house).

Verizon decided to replace it for me, said the phone was just bad. The new phone is now here and guess what? STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX it has the exact same issues as the original phone!!! What gives? Anyone else having these issues?

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Where the hell are people getting these phones lmfao iI've had my incredible forever and I swear I haven't had anybody these problems at all

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My first Incredible was just replaced after 5 months do to technical issues such as:

Force closing mms/sms: It wouldn't let me text anyone it would just force close for no reason (ALL the time)

Big/Small Keyboard: when you opened an email or text the keyboard would be huge then it would shrink to normal size but it was always iffy on whether or not it would type anything.

NO signal: For the first 2-3 months signal was fine. Then all of a sudden it couldn't get signal anymore (even in my house).

Verizon decided to replace it for me, said the phone was just bad. The new phone is now here and guess what? STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX it has the exact same issues as the original phone!!! What gives? Anyone else having these issues?

Nope Im not having a single issue as you are.
Im on my original incredible had almost a year.
I assume you activated it ? or did it activate?(*228)
Have you dialed *18 after that (should hook you up to the closest tower to your present location)This is just a 2 second flash screen no other action required after you dialed *18.
So you have no internet connection either (data)? :confused:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I hope that Verizon isn't giving you phones from the launch batch that had problems. I got my phone May 4th (AMOLED version), and the only "problem" I had was the low app data issue, and I got rid of that by erasing my dialer storage (which erased my text messges..grrrr!), and that was about it. If they give you the same phone and you get the same problems, I think you should be able to get a different phone, like a Thunderbolt or something else. Are you paying insurance?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I hope that Verizon isn't giving you phones from the launch batch that had problems. I got my phone May 4th (AMOLED version), and the only "problem" I had was the low app data issue, and I got rid of that by erasing my dialer storage (which erased my text messges..grrrr!), and that was about it. If they give you the same phone and you get the same problems, I think you should be able to get a different phone, like a Thunderbolt or something else. Are you paying insurance?

Yes they use to sometimes replace phones with other devices, but I think they stopped that.
If I was the OP
Id take my phone to a corp.vzw store and show them what the phone is or isnt doing, talk to a manager its the manager discretion.

sent using TaPaTaLk

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have had so far is the occasional SMS force close but it usually happens after a text message was sent and I exit the app. the message still goes through though. Doesn't happen all the time but it does every now and then.

Other than that, no major issues.

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had those issues, but I have had the low app space issue and I had a reboot issue that got so bad that the phone had to be replaced. So far though, my refurb is doing just fine (knock on wood!) - only had one reboot in the two months that I've had it.

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow I've never had a problem with mine. Where are these phones coming from? I flash custom roms too all the time. So stock sence had deff gave me no problems compared to some test roms.

Where are you located to have such bad service? I guess I'm lucky to be in vegas where I have never had a problem. Even good In the mountains!

Ever tried a custom keyboard? Maybe thatll fix it doing the resizing...

Or if its the rom, root that biznatch and flash cyanogenmod 7 man. You'll love it.

GG and have fun . Hope everything eventually works out

stock sence via tapatalk

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I never had any issues like that that were not resolved by a factory reset and full wipe, but I flash roms so I am assuming my own activity caused any issues I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty